Can you code with your eyes closed and both hands tied behind your back? Do you find yourself inspired by great digital design? Are you often saying to yourself “Hey, I can build a better user experience than this” when you’re surfing the web? If you’re nodding your head and saying “Yes, yes, yes” to any of this then join our eCommerce team, where you can help us build the extraordinary user experiences you’d love to see in the world.
You’ll be joining a talented group of other creative developers and play a starring role in building innovative features for a variety of our platforms, including mobile, desktop, iPhone, and Android. The changes you make and ideas you bring to life will directly impact the experience of millions and millions of customers on BestBuy.ca.
New and emerging programming technologies excite you. You’re passionate about creating incredible online experiences and you bring a keen, enthusiastic attitude towards your coding projects. If you also have an understanding of the Agile/SCRUM development process, that’s a huge plus.
As Software Developer - eCommerce Web you will…
- Develop, code, debug, and actively participate in the full lifecycle development of exciting new capabilities
Promote good software development practices and perform regular code reviews with teammates
Conduct critical analysis on code, requirements, system risk, security, and software reliability
Perform continual testing, proofing, and tuning to ensure quality, reliability, and usability
Support, maintain, and document new capabilities developed by the team
Collaborate within your own team as well as with other teams in the department to solve problems and achieve company goals
- Be a strong communicator who can articulate the work of your team to peers, product owners, and other teams
- Always put the user’s needs and wants first in your development, testing, and optimization efforts
We hope you are passionate about…
- Having fun while striving to be the very best you can be
- Driving continual innovation to create the world-class user experiences of tomorrow
Thriving in a fast-paced environment that is constantly evolving and changing
Using data and critical thinking to solve problems and guide your decisions
The experience we need…
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent professional experience.
3+ years of professional experience developing interactive software
Effective verbal and written communication skills
- You’re familiar with Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Experience in the following technologies and frameworks: React.JS, Redux, Node.JS
Experience with bug tracking software such as JIRA
We believe we have the rare opportunity to help customers enrich their lives and pursue their passions with the help of technology.