QUALITY ASSURANCE TECHNICIAN
Note: This is an hourly role.
The Quality Assurance Technician is responsible for ensuring food safety policies are being adhered to and product quality standards are being met in our Food Manufacturing Plant. This person acts as the main contact between regional management and Head Office QA Department, liaise with health auditors from customer, third party and government.
Why you should join our team:
- We offer group health benefits plans for eligible teammates
- Opportunities for growth and skill building - we look forward to training you and teaching you the Bento secrets
- Fun events with your fellow Bentonians!
- We are proud of our Bento Sushi Foundation which offers educational grants for our teammates and funding for other rewarding causes such as seafood sustainability and community involvement.
- Assist the front-line supervisory staff in ensuring adherence to GMP and HACCP program compliance.
- Ensure the manufacturing processes and facilities of the company meet quality standards with emphasis on product safety, sanitation, environmental awareness and customer satisfaction.
- Ensures product quality through random on-floor quality checks; ensure the facility meet FDA standard by regular internal audit.
- Perform routine audits in the plant & warehouse to ensure that company standards are met.
- Responsible for Food safety and quality control training class and schedule.
- Responsible for HACCP records keeping, review, verification and corrective actions. Updates or assists in the revisions of SOPs and specifications as required.
- Responsible for collecting and sending microbiological and chemical samples for lab test and verify that the results are comply with the standards.
- Ensure supplier information updated and the material received follow company's QA standards. Ensure finished product specification, microbiological and chemical integrity.
- Perform audits of the factory (i.e. daily pre-operational checks, internal audits, etc.).Conducts in-depth investigations to assist in resolving non-compliant product or practice, in a timely fashion and applies findings to improve the process.
- Post secondary education in Food Science, Chemistry, Public Health or Biological Science is considered an asset
- Knowledge of food safety standards
- HACCP plant experience is an asset
- Previous leadership experience preferably in a Food Processing facility
- Effective communication skills
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work under tight deadlines & pressure
- Must be computer literate
To apply, text Bentojobs to 97211.
Msg & data rates may apply.
Bento Sushi is North America’s fastest growing sushi company with operations across United States and Canada. We bring together a dynamic team of people with diverse backgrounds, experience and talent, to create an exceptional guest experience. If you are looking to join a fun, friendly and exciting workplace environment where you can truly take pride in your work, the opportunities are endless.