FOOD PROCESSING PLANT MANAGER
The Food Processing Plant Manager provides leadership for the effective operations of the plant by ensuring the development and implementation of best-in-class manufacturing processes, efficient maintenance of plant equipment and adherence to good manufacturing practices. This position is also responsible for ensuring that we adhere to all health & safety and food safety standards.
Why you should join our team:
- We offer group health benefits and retirement plans for eligible teammates
- Opportunities for growth and skill building - we look forward to training you and teaching you the Bento secrets
- Fun events with your fellow Bentonians!
- We are proud of our Bento Sushi Foundation which offers educational grants for our teammates and funding for other rewarding causes such as seafood sustainability and community involvement.
- Monitors and guarantees that products are being manufactured in conformance with manufacturing practices and food safety practices. Provides training and support; as well as enforcement to the Food Safety program.
- Investigates and communicates to the QA Manager all departmental and plant issues.
- Supervises the daily activities of the technicians and assures proper training in Safety, Food Safety and Quality systems.
- Reviews and updates work aids (instructions, charts, manuals, bulletins, code date calendars, etc.) essential for verification of product quality.
- Responsible for managing the overall daily production process.
- Trains and coaches team to meet defined productivity targets.
- Assists with identifying and implementing process improvement initiatives.
- Previews production and operating reports and resolves operational manufacturing and maintenance problems, to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays.
- Develops and works with supervisors/line leaders in all areas such as problem solving, setting and achieving goals, manufacturing processes, scheduling and equipment problems.
- Ensuring that all quality checks are being done and recorded.
- Training and cross training all employees on the production line, evaluate and review production staff, and recommend/initiate disciplinary actions.
- Performs QA Manager duties and responsibilities in his/her absence.
- Encourages and promotes a plant culture of continuous improvement and employee involvement.
- Assists in special projects and generates summary of projects’ performance.
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent required; post-secondary education strongly preferred.
- 3 years of experience in a food manufacturing environment required with a minimum of 2 years of experience in a supervisory capacity or 4 years as a Lead in a manufacturing environment.
- Any equivalent combination of related education and/or experience may be considered.
- Ability to work in a refrigerated, cold climate (50°F working climate, 40°F for walk in refrigerator and -1°F for walk in freezer).
- Quality systems experience and knowledge of statistics preferred.
- Must be reliable, responsible with initiative to take the next level.
- Knowledge in HACCP and Food Safety Programs, Six Sigma.
- Computer literacy, Microsoft Applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Good communication skills
To apply, text Bentojobs to 97211.
Msg & data rates may apply.
Bento Sushi is North America’s fastest growing sushi company with operations across United States and Canada. We bring together a dynamic team of people with diverse backgrounds, experience and talent, to create an exceptional guest experience. If you are looking to join a fun, friendly and exciting workplace environment where you can truly take pride in your work, the opportunities are endless.