Property Administrative Assistant – Contract Position
Real Estate Services
Who We Are: Bentall Kennedy, a member of the Sun Life Investment Management group of companies, is one of North America's largest real estate investment advisors. We are Canada's largest property manager, providing comprehensive real estate services to our clients. Bentall Kennedy serves the interests of more than 550 institutional investors across office, retail, industrial, and residential properties throughout North America. As a leader in Responsible Property Investing, we are committed to best-in-class environmental, social and governance practices in developing, leasing and managing commercial real estate. For more information, visit www.bentallkennedy.com.
Bentall Kennedy promotes a corporate culture that attracts and retains the highest caliber people. We encourage opportunities for growth, development and promotion by providing our employees with the resources to work effectively and continually strive to perform better. We are committed to a safe and sustainable work environment.
The Opportunity:The Property Administrative Assistant will report to the Operations Accounting & Property
What you will do: As a Property Administrator Assistant , your responsibilities will include:
- Complete administrative functions relating to property administration for varying properties
- Assist in rent collection, cheque posting and application of money to tenant accounts
- Process accounts payable vendor invoices in Imagenow
- Completing bank deposits
- Collect insurance certificates from tenants and enter into database
- Filing, photocopying & mailing out tenant letters & invoices
- Provide support to Property Management Assistants as required
- Maintain filing system and archival storage system
- Record and update general tenant details & tenant emergency contact information
- Reception duties as required and vacation relief for various site offices if needed
- Understand lease documentation
- Liaise with building operators and contractors as directed
- Special projects and other duties as assigned
- Embrace and pro-actively support Bentall Kennedy’s culture of environmental sustainability, and corporate and social responsibility
Who you are: The ideal candidate has;
- Experience - 2+ years of related administrative experience; 2+ years in accounts payable/receivable
- Education - High school diploma supplemented with post-secondary courses
- Relationship Skills - Ability to communicate effectively and professionally, both oral and written; ability to develop and sustain cooperative working relationships; professional phone manner; self-motivated team player with good problem-solving skills; ability to use discretion and exercise confidentiality
- Organizational/Multi-Task Skills - Ability to allocate one's time effectively, work under pressure and manage tight deadlines; ability to handle multiple demands, competing priorities and adapt to new ideas and constant changes; a highly organized individual who has an eye for detail and accuracy
- Computer Skills – Intermediate to Advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook; working knowledge of JD Edwards accounting system an asset; typing speed of 60 wpm (minimum).
We thank all applicants for their interest in employment with Bentall Kennedy (Canada) LP, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.