- Expert ability, speed and accuracy in dictation and document processing
- Provide support for acquisitions and sales of commercial properties, condominium developments, financing transactions and land development
- Thorough understanding of the billing process - entering and revising time dockets, preparing proformas, proof reading accounts, preparing account letters and sending out invoices
- Organization of closing documents and closing reports including working with closing folders software
- Ability to open new files, close files and maintain file lists
- Prepare cheque requisitions and trust deposits/withdrawals and preparing expense reports and account balances
- Assist in managing the lawyer’s practice including opening files, filing, calendar management, scheduling meetings, arranging travel, expenses, etc.
- Liaising with clients to obtain information and instructions
- Community College Certificate in a Legal Assistant program with a minimum of 5 years of commercial real estate experience (experience in condo law working with developer an asset)
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of Real Estate terminology
- Strong sense of urgency, ability to juggle multiple priorities and work well under pressure
- Exceptional proofreading and grammar skills
- Keen attention to detail and superior organizational skills
- Strong keyboarding skills, Microsoft Office applications and dictation – Dictaphone transcription
- Superior time management, organizational and prioritization skills with ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Professional communication skills interacting with clients by telephone and in person
Bennett Jones Services Limited Partnership
3400 One First Canadian Place
P.O. Box 130
Toronto, ON M5X 1A4
Please note that relatives of current employees are not eligible for consideration.
All offers of employment are conditional upon the satisfactory verification of a Canadian criminal record check. Determination of the factors that constitute satisfactory verification is within the sole discretion of Bennett Jones.
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.