Benevity is seeking mobile developers to design and build applications that enable the business to exceed our clients' expectations. Interested candidates must be willing to relocate to Calgary.
Who we are
Better Work and a Better World: at Benevity, that’s what we’re all about. We’re a software company in the business of doing good, building better ways for companies to connect with their customers and employees around causes and prosocial behaviour (we make “doing well by doing good” more than just a tagline!). We’re growing fast and looking for more great people to join us.
We have that fun, flexible tech culture that people love, and we have a heart. We’re a registered B Corporation, which means we’re part of a new breed of companies committed to higher social and sustainability standards.
You’ll join a dedicated, passionate team that creates innovative solutions (we have two TechRev Innovators Awards under our belt) for our raving fans (er, clients). And you’ll get to rub shoulders with some of the most iconic companies and charities in the world to help them make a difference. Our dynamic environment appeals to self-driven, flexible team players who learn quickly, aren’t afraid to tackle hard problems and don’t mind wearing jeans to work. Sound cool? Join us!
What you bring
- Professional experience with Swift and/or Kotlin
- Experience with Web Services APIs including RESTful paradigms
- Experience with performance optimizing, caching, security and mobile analytics
- Understanding of the iOS and/or Android design, interface and app review guidelines
- Experience building multi component systems from scratch using the latest techniques such as BDD, TDD, and JIT
- Appreciation for the complexity of delivering large scale solutions to enterprise level clients
- Experience with the full mobile development process (coding, testing, submission, repeat)
- An understanding of software patterns, anti-patterns, and object oriented design
- An eye for design, and experience crafting localized, accessible experiences
- Ability to build rapid prototypes for proof of concepts
- Can see the 'larger picture' when designing multi component systems
- An understanding the underlying systems on which web applications are developed
- Familiarity with agile development and automated testing
- Version Control Systems, Git preferred
- Animations & transition, familiarity with Core Graphics
- Experience working in the SaaS environment (Software as a Service)
- Experience working with non-profits
- Experience working with remote teams
What you can expect
- A once-in-a-career opportunity to join a mission-driven growth company on a growth trajectory and a unique, ultra-engaged culture
- Join a team of innovative thinkers, keen to be part of a growing and well funded company that is all about helping businesses create innovative corporate and workplace giving and other Goodness programs
- Work in a fast-paced environment for a dynamic, rapidly growing company with a history of proven success and stunning colleagues
- Develop professional internal and external relationships with other people passionate about the Benevity mission
- Connect with a rapidly growing and passionate group in an open, collaborative and fun environment
Benevity is an equal opportunity employer. While we sincerely appreciate every application received, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.