Senior Field Service Engineer - Saskatoon, Saskatchewan - BEC010473
Location: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
At Beckman Coulter, we are dedicated to advancing and optimizing the laboratory. For more than 80 years, we have been a trusted partner for laboratory professionals, helping to advance scientific research and patient care. We do challenging work on a global scale, and are invested in growing our associates’ careers. We embrace continuous improvement, and are passionate about moving science and healthcare forward.
We have a vital role at Beckman Coulter: our focus on innovation, reliability and efficiency has led us to become the partner of choice for clinical, research and industrial customers all over the world.
Beckman Coulter is a Danaher company, operating in two industries: Diagnostics and Life Sciences.
Location: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
Beckman Coulter Diagnostics Senior Field Service Engineers provide outstanding customer service to clients while installing and maintaining diagnostic instrumentation and systems in hospital and stand-alone laboratory environments. The Senior Field Service Engineer (SFSE) is the face of Beckman Coulter to customers and the support they provide directly impacts patient health and overall well-being.
The SFSE provides frontline support by resolving customers' problems and issues through technical expertise and troubleshooting. The SFSE has the opportunity to drive service revenue sales targets while ensuring strong customer contract retention rate and warranty conversion rate. The SFSE uses critical thinking to resolve issues within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action to rapidly repair instrumentation. SFSEs provide training to our customers and verify the operational performance and data quality of systems in order to contribute to our overall team success.
Many SFSEs operate independently within their geographic territory, however Beckman Coulter offers a team based environment with opportunities to benchmark, mentor and receive expert technical support. SFSEs enjoy being home-based and being provided with a company car, iphone and laptop. The SFSE will also have the opportunity to travel within the region to support customers using their technical expertise.
Install and maintain instrumentation and systems in a Diagnostics laboratory environment. The incumbent handles and/or participates on a team that resolves customers' problems and issues. The incumbent is also responsible for meeting service revenue sales targets; ensure strong contract retention rate and warranty conversion rate. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action. May develop and track field service project plans. Monitors and adheres to field service policies, procedures and technical standards. Recommends changes as necessary. Requires extended travel on short notice. Must have valid driver's license and meet Beckman Coulter safe driver criteria. Technical degree or military experience in electronics a plus, bachelor's degree preferred.
The Senior Field Service Engineer in this position will:
- Under minimal supervision, serve as lead to assigned customers; complete troubleshooting, installation, validation, maintenance, and service repair needs on designated equipment. May assist and/or train less experienced Field Engineers
- Provide excellent and efficient customer service to Beckman Coulter’s customers, along with technical training on products
- Repair, maintain, and install product line(s).
- Complete on-time and accurate Preventative Maintenance and Field Modification Instruction as needed
- Travel throughout the district territory, experiencing all the various places our instrumentation is utilized
- Document and report all repairs and product failures
- Keep up to date on administrative responsibilities such as maintaining customer service logs and internal service records in a timely manner, ordering repair parts, and managing cycle times
- Help with the development of preventative maintenance procedures
- Focus on customer needs and satisfaction, while building on and enhancing the relationship with the customer to ultimately become a perceived partner in their business
- This position has a 50 pound lifting requirement. This would be to include tools, replacement parts, consumables ect.
- Maintain a Valid driver’s license that meets Beckman Coulter’s safe driver standards
- Beckman Coulter Associates who drive Beckman Coulter vehicles must comply with the Danaher Company Vehicle Policy.
- Vendor credentialing requirements include without limitation, yearly background checks, immunizations, and various trainings.
- Comply with vendor credentialing requirements is an essential function of this position.
- Effective communication and customer service skills.
- Instill customer satisfaction that is recognizable and valuable to the customer
- Stay compliant with the company’s standard background check, including a post-offer drug test.
- Strong time management and organization skills.
- Technical Diploma in Biomedical, or Electronics Instrumentation or equivalent training and experience.
- Knowledge of any of the following instrumentation will be advantageous: hematology, flow cytometry, chemistry, and immunochemistry.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 3 years field service experience
- 3 + years’ experience diagnosing and repairing mechanical, electromechanical, and/or electronic equipment.
- Experience interfacing with internal team members and external customers.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
: Beckman Coulter - Diagnostics
: Customer Support
: North America-North America-Canada-SK-Saskatoon