Becker Keating & Young is focused on delivering web applications and database solutions to our clients. A growing area of our business involves providing infrastructure planning, implementation and maintenance for our clients. This is a rapidly growing business unit best suited for someone with a long-term goal of managing and growing a team.
A good candidate will be extremely comfortable talking with clients. This position requires the candidate be comfortable creating and presenting strategies that solve business problems. Our current team of talent is comprised predominately of application developers so a strong candidate will have significant influence on the direction of this new business unit.
We are looking to fill a full-time position for an intermediate network support position. This position will work predominately with Microsoft-based technologies. This position will involve IT infrastructure planning, implementation & support. The environments supported with include our internal infrastructure as well as a few select client accounts.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Research and select new infrastructure solutions that could help our clients.
- Contribute to infrastructure planning meetings with clients.
- Establish relationships with our clients and their staff.
- Setup, maintain and troubleshoot network and server infrastructure.
- Setup and maintain operating systems (server and desktop).
- Provide desktop & mobile device support for end-users.
- Coordinate purchasing between our clients and hardware vendors.
- Design and execute plans for disaster recovery.
- Communicate the status of various client network environments to managers.
- Commitment to quality
- Comfortable talking with customer managers.
- Must have four+ years experience as an IT administrator
- Extremely knowledgeable about network configuration such as DHCP & DNS
- Extremely knowledgeable about Active Directory setup & maintenance
- Experienced with Windows 7/8/10 as well as Windows Server 2012/2016
- Experienced with physical network infrastructure (firewalls, switches, VLANs, VPNs, cabling)
- Experienced with hardware installation & troubleshooting
- Proficiency with e-mail planning, deployment and maintenance using hosted solutions such as hosted Exchange or Gmail for Business
- Experience with setting up web domains, working with registrars & domain transfers
- Experience configuration, maintenance and testing of server backup solutions
- Experience with IIS
- Experience with MS SQL Environments (SQL Agent, Maintenance Plans, etc.)
- Experience with cloud based technologies such as Azure or AWS.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $65,000.00 to $80,000.00 /year