The BD MMS Account Manager Dispensing/Infusion role for Atlantic Canada is a medical sales position which consists of capital equipment with an IT component. It is a specialty role in a complex sales environment which involves hospital executive sponsorship and committee approval. The sales cycle is typically 18-24 months and call points include the Director level and above and the frequency of renewal is approximately 5 to 10 years.
The Account Managerwill be responsible for increasing market penetration and profitability in existing accounts as well as increasing overall market awareness through cold calling, prospecting, building relationships, post implementation follow up and account development. The successful candidate will be expected to drive the sales plans and develop growth strategies utilizing BD’s sales process in order to maintain a robust pipeline, achieve sales targets and manage contract calendars as well as managing changing market dynamics.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent preferred in healthcare, IT, business.
- 7-10 years of senior customer relationships at acute and health authority, C-suite levels.
- Minimum of 5 years IT &/or Capital equipment sales experience.
- Up to 40% travel required.
- Experience in matrix customer decision making processes
- Strong communication skills – written, verbal & presentation
- Excellent business acumen