Administrator SPCA Certified
Aug 6, 2018
(Submit cover letter and resume together as one document)
We are seeking an enthusiastic, highly organized Administrator for our SPCA Certified program within the BC SPCA s farm animal welfare department. SPCA Certified is a program that certifies farms meeting high farm animal welfare standards set by the BC SPCA.
Working at our Provincial Office in Vancouver, the successful candidate for this full-time Administrator position will administer the certification services and liaise with members of the SPCA Certified program, as well as perform communication duties that relate to the program. The candidate will also organize and manage farm program volunteers, represent the program at events, and provide support for the farm animal welfare department with administrative and communication duties.
You have a farming background, either through on-farm experience or through academic study. Your attention to detail allows you to multi-task within a fast-paced team environment while maintaining accuracy and quality. Your problem-solving skills will assist you in managing professional relationships with clients and contractors, and you have excellent organizational and customer relations skills.
Required skills, knowledge and abilities to succeed in this role:
- Post-secondary education in agriculture, agri-business, animal sciences/biology, animal welfare sciences or a related field
- Hands on experience or background in farm animal care and welfare
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Practical experience conversing or working with farmers
- Excellent organizational and project management skills; attention to detail
- Problem-solving skills, particularly with reference to managing professional relationships with clients and contractors
- Proficient computer skills in depth knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Database management skills not required, but would be an asset. Photo editing software skills not required, but would be an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, planning and prioritizing a varied workload in order to meet fixed deadlines
- Valid Class 5 BC Driver s License
- Ability to travel and work flexible hours (i.e. occasional evening and weekends) when required
If you are interested in being a part of a great team and are legally entitled to work in Canada, we would like to hear from you. Please include your salary expectations in your cover letter.