Why you should work with us
At BCLC, we believe that our people are what makes us amazing so we are committed to our people. We have a culture of fun and hard work - it's not unusual to see teams eating together at lunch in the cafeteria or heading outside for a walking meeting. We continue to have a highly engaged team and we've been named one of BC's Top 50 Employers for over 10 years. Here are a few reasons why it's great to be part of the team:
- Flexible work hours
- Robust wellness program with free onsite yoga, bootcamp, running club and more
- Competitive compensation
- Company paid Flexible Health and Dental plan for you and your family
- Defined Benefit Pension Program
- Leadership and professional development programs
Why our Kamloops office rocks
The City of Kamloops offers a relaxed lifestyle with an abundance of recreational opportunities and a close-knit community of welcoming people. It has been home to the BCLC head office since 1985 and features:
- A subsidized cafeteria with healthy and delicious food choices
- Free gym
- Free parking and easy access to transit
- Close proximity to parks, trails and other recreation amenities
The Solutions Architect role is responsible for defining and developing technical solution architectures and functional designs for projects using best practice methods and a consistent set of principles, standards and guidelines under the umbrella and governance of Enterprise Architecture (EA).
The role will work closely and collaborate with business and technology stakeholders, including and not limited to EA domain architects, Project Managers, Business Analysts and technology Subject Matter Experts. Objectives are to proactively create, document and communicate plans or technical solutions using a variety of architecture tools and deliverables including and not limited to Architecture Assessments (AA), Solution Architecture (SAD), Opportunity Solution Architecture (OSAD), Architecture Governance, Emerging Technology and technology innovation per defined processes.
This role is recognized as senior technical resource in the area of application/service architecture and design, and candidates must demonstrate leadership qualities.
- Provides consulting and advisory services to a variety of internal stakeholders and groups in conjunction with application development projects.
- Proactively assess and anticipate client needs by translating business and technical requirements into enterprise solutions.
- Proactively resolves complex issues and demonstrates innovative thinking by regularly making recommendations for new approaches.
- Responsible for the high level analysis and design of software solutions to meet the business requirements.
- Collaborates with business stakeholders, project managers, business analysts, subject matter experts and information technology area specialists (in data, technology, application and services) to ensure the successful development, testing, implementation, and ongoing support of the designed solution.
- Works with EA to provide significant input and recommendations on Application/Service Architecture and Standards throughout the organization.
- Works collaboratively as a team member with other Solution Architects to facilitate opportunity assessments, contingency plans, recommendations and standardization across the enterprise, in alignment with the enterprise systems roadmap.
- Participates in the EA planning process to understand projects alignment with the BCLC business or technology strategies and/or roadmaps.
- Provides governance to ensure IT projects are aligned with the overall Enterprise Architecture, strategies, roadmaps and blueprints.
- Understands how to create scalable and highly available applications at all layers of the architecture.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
Education and Experience
- University Degree, College Diploma in Information Technology;
- Professional certifications are an asset;
- 4-6 years' experience in Information Technology in a medium to large sized environments, including a minimum of three years' experience in a senior development role in large to medium complex heterogeneous environment;
- Experience in analysis, design, development and deployment of complex software solutions involving on-line transaction processing, client/server and web applications;
- Experience in Services Oriented Architecture and middleware development, with preference given to demonstrated TIBCO experience;
- Experience with SOA and software architecture applied best design practices, patterns and principles;
- Experience and skill in research and the development of emerging technologies used to explore business opportunities;
- Experience in information management, data modeling, data analytics, database design and development;
- Experience in infrastructure (compute, storage, network) and platform architectures which could include cloud, mobile and real-time;
- Demonstrated experience engaging, communicating and collaborating with a multitude of stakeholders to deliver successful business outcomes;
- An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered.
- Demonstrated ability to work well within a team/consultative environment;
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and translate ambiguous situations into a structured design with clearly defined deliverables;
- Excellent problem solving, decision making, time management and multi-tasking skills;
- Strong collaboration, written and oral communication (including presentation) skills;
- Strong organizational skills coupled with the ability to be flexible in a dynamic and fast paced environment with changing priorities;
- Microsoft Office products expertise a plus;
- In-depth knowledge of several programming languages (e.g. Java, C++, C#, XML, Visual Studio, .Net, SQL and PLSQL, C++, etc.).
- TOGAF 9 or above or similar is an asset;
- Demonstrated team leadership skills including the ability to act as a change agent to champion continuous change and improvement;
- Demonstrated ability to manage or lead vendor relationships.
Please Note: This opportunity will remain open until a qualified candidate pool has been established.
Please Note: Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada
Job Segment: Solution Architect, Architecture, Consulting, Developer, System Administrator, Technology, Engineering