Why you should work with us
At BCLC, we believe that our people are what makes us amazing so we are committed to our people. We have a culture of fun and hard work - it's not unusual to see teams eating together at lunch in the cafeteria or heading outside for a walking meeting. We continue to have a highly engaged team and we've been named one of BC's Top 50 Employers for over 10 years. Here are a few reasons why it's great to be part of the team:
- Flexible work hours
- Robust wellness program with free onsite yoga, bootcamp, running club and more
- Competitive compensation
- Company paid Flexible Health and Dental plan for you and your family
- Defined Benefit Pension Program
- Leadership and professional development programs
Why our Vancouver office is so awesome
Vancouver has been regularly voted one of the top cities to live in the world with one of the mildest climates of any city in Canada. It is home to our Marketing and Sales Office and features:
- A subsidized cafeteria with healthy and delicious food choices
- Free parking
- Easy access to transit, including the Sky Train
- Secure bike facilities and easy access off the Central Valley Greenway
The Practice Lead, EBI Data Management leads the data management practice in the Enterprise Business Intelligence team, leading the definition of data standards, managing the corporate data asset, creating and maintaining the Data Dictionary/Metadata repository. This role is critical in being the liaison between business users and highly technical team members, defining guidelines and metrics for all master data assets and supporting the development of a strong Enterprise Data Governance Framework. The Data Management Practice Lead supports other EBI team members in analysis and understanding of BCLC data sources.
- Leads the data management practice in the EBI team leading the definition of data standards, managing the corporate data asset, creating and maintaining the Data Dictionary/Metadata repository. Acts as a liaison between EBI team and other relevant stakeholders in the organization with respect to the data management practice.
- Acts as subject matter expert and key point of contact for the business to ensure data requirements are assessed and understood in order to meet business needs; identifies business rules and data definitions; monitors and measures data quality across lines of business to provide visibility of current status and improvement opportunities; defines data profiling requirements with key stakeholders to ensure data accuracy and integrity.
- Develops strategies and plans for supporting the achievement of business objectives while working closely with stakeholders.
- Supports the successful development and delivery of projects related to Business Intelligence, Data Integration, and Data Warehousing. Acts as a subject matter expert during requirements gathering and a liaison between business users and technical team members. Performs impact analysis, development support for the Enterprise Data Warehousing team, user acceptance testing and production readiness
- Collaborates and builds relationships with business clients and key stakeholder groups to determine guidelines for information sharing across the enterprise and external partners and to establish the governance principles reflective of the business' needs; advises key stakeholders to assist with their need for governance, data stewardship and data ownership.
- Assists in defining guidelines and metrics for all master data parameters, and collaborates with the BI team to build and maintain a strong data governance framework, guidelines and best practices.
- Leads data management best practices including leading the development and maintenance of best data management practices within EBI team; fostering an organizational culture that recognizes and promotes best data management practices; supporting and mentoring other client management and solution delivery team members; and providing feedback to management related to the best tools and methodologies to support the data management practice.
- Advises team members on data availability from source systems to the Enterprise Data Warehouse.
- Works with relational databases, applications, and executes SQL statements in support of data integration projects and data quality investigations.
- Supports the successful development and delivery of projects related to Business Intelligence, Data Integration, and Data Warehousing.
- Works with the Data Architects to provide input into the Enterprise Data Model in support of Master Data Management and data governance.
Minimum Required Qualifications
Education and Experience
- Degree in Business Admin, Computer Science, or Information Technology;
- Certification in Business Analysis is desired;
- 4-6 year's related experience where an in-depth understanding relational databases has been gained;
- Experience in application development and/or data analysis and governance is required;
- Strong experience in business intelligence tools and/or data governance;
- Related industry experience would be an asset;
- An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered.
- In-depth understanding of data within one or more of the following business domains: Finance, Supply Chain Management, Marketing or Operations;
- SQL/SAS proficiency and database analysis skills;
- Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio, and Outlook expertise;
- Excellent analytical ability and a strong understanding of analytical concepts;
- Advanced communication skills, both written and oral with the ability to work in a cross-functional environment with all levels of management and to explain complex information in an effective manner;
- Ability to act on own initiative, to exercise sound judgment and to prioritize tasks;
- Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail;
- Excellent interpersonal , time management multi-tasking and organizational skills;
- Excellent conflict resolution and effective mediation and facilitation skills;
- Demonstrated ability to proactively identify potential problems and vulnerabilities and apply a structured approach to problem solving;
- Ability to manage deadlines, multiple tasks and adapt well to changing priorities;
- Self-starter with the ability to learn and adapt quickly.
Please Note: This opportunity will remain open until a qualified candidate pool has been established.
Please Note: Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Job Segment: Database, Manager, Developer, Outside Sales, Computer Science, Technology, Management, Sales