The Manager, Talent Development is responsible for the design and execution of the learning strategy for BCLC and will guide and support the implementation of creative and innovative employee development programs for our company. Reporting to the Director, Talent Management this role will work collaboratively with the HR team and leaders throughout the business to enhance performance and develop talent through needs assessment and workforce skill gap analysis.
The Manager, Talent Development will be proactive in applying knowledge of adult education principles and best practices to formulate and execute relevant, innovative approaches and solutions that support employees with career, professional and leadership development opportunities.
This role will play an important leadership role creating in the lifecycle of learning and development from ideation to execution. This role provides leadership to the Employee and Leadership Development team.
- Responsible for the design, planning and execution of learning and development strategies across BCLC, including the implementation of a curriculum of relevant learning utilizing a blend of formal classroom learning, online, communities of practice, coaching and on the job development within the organization. Develops and manages the L&D budget.
- Executes BCLC’s talent planning, talent assessment and succession practice to measure and continually enhance talent bench strength and identification of critical roles. Serves as an expert consultant on development plans and coaching.
- Builds collaborative partnerships with business leaders and HR to understand organizational talent and develop strategic learning plans and design/recommend tools to address development needs or gaps which may include facilitation of organizational, team workshops and individual assessment processes for employee development including interpretation, action planning and coaching (e.g. 360 assessments, Strengths Finder, etc).
- Plans and implements employee and leadership development programs and associated projects; define scope, timelines, cost and resourcing requirements; analyze expectations of target audiences, and describe the tasks and activities. Maintain progress of programs and projects to meet established timeframes and budget requirements and collaborates closely with Communications, HR, Business Technology and other SMEs to ensure flawless execution of programs.
- Researches best-in-class methodologies that fit BCLC’s culture and serve its business goals while understanding workplace trends, human capital management best practices and organizational design/development. Evaluates and designs effective assessment tools and processes that are used in the annual identification of high-potential talent.
- Develops, implements and provides governance over all aspects of talent development (policies, processes, program delivery), including liaising with BCLC divisional training teams to ensure alignment of programs and projects to overall strategy.
- Designs and implements leadership development programming and initiatives to support new, current leaders and future leaders within the organization. Consults with the business to align BCLC’s curriculum and leadership competencies.
- Provides leadership, coaching and performance management to a team of professionals and external experts in the effective design, development and execution of the Talent Development Strategy and the delivery of learning and performance focused solutions for business initiatives across the organization.
- Promotes a positive work culture; acts as a change leader, coach and career planning guide for employees and leaders within the organization. Provides organizational development and other support for key initiatives and/or projects.
- Develops key learning objectives and measurement criteria, evaluates the effectiveness of programs and develops improvement strategies. Administers ongoing training evaluations to measure training program success and communicate results to stakeholders; provides recommendations to support any identified gaps.
- Sources and negotiates key vendor relationships and agreements for a variety of solutions to learning needs and seeks blended solutions (workshop/self-study/e-learning/virtual) which are audience-centric, cost-effective and efficient.
- Contributes to the development of an effective onboarding experience across the organization and identify effective strategies for learning the business and culture.
Minimum Required Qualifications
Education and Experience
- University degree in Human Resources, Business, Organizational Development or in a related field such as Adult Education or a relevant discipline;
- A minimum 5-7 years’ experience working in a Human Resources or Employee Development related role which includes experience in leadership roles. Experience in designing and implementing and leading organization-wide learning and development initiatives and leadership development programs is required.
- An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered.
- Certification in Coaching and/or facilitation is an asset.
- Excellent ability to develop and maintain strategic relationships, strategic planning and project management skills;
- Strong knowledge of and experience with adult learning principles, instructional design techniques, online learning, assessments, and evaluation methodologies;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to collaborate well with employees at various levels within the organization;
- Leadership skills with emphasis on communication, innovation, change management and continuous improvement;
- Advanced project management skills and experience with Agile, Design Thinking and Lean methodologies is an asset;
- Experience managing large scale organizational-wide projects;
- An entrepreneurial spirit with the persistence to implement best practices and create necessary buy-in;
- The ability to build project plans and budgets;
- Strong coaching, facilitation, and presentation skills;
- Ability to handle confidential materials in a professional manner;
- Ability to act on own initiative, to exercise sound judgment and to prioritize tasks;
- Excellent time management skills; ability to thrive in an environment with shifting priorities and high workload;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and innovative thinking skills.
- Knowledge of human resources software systems (SAP & SuccessFactors) preferred.
Please Note This opportunity will remain open until a qualified candidate pool has been established.
Please Note Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada.