If you're a helpful, kind, and organized person, this position will give you the opportunity to help First Nations and government departments manage their documentation and run more efficiently!
- Prepares funding agreements and covering letters; receives and reviews funding submissionsand related reporting for completeness and follows up with First Nations as required
- Reviews funding resolutions for completeness and correctness
- Tracks the progress of submissions and approvals using Excel
- Distributes agreements for execution; enters completed documents into the records management system
- Distributes and files copies as required.
- Prepares electronic payments for review and release by other Funding Department staff.
- Maintains the records management system for the Funding departments, including categorizing, scanning and storing documents in accordance with the records management policies.
- Prepares a variety of letters and documents using MS Word, including merge-field form letters and agreements and updates the formats as required.
- Responds to First Nations’ questions regarding funding procedures, policies, allocations, payment timing, the status of funding agreement execution or payments, etc. Consults with or refers questions to Funding Analyst or Director of Funding as appropriate.
Other duties as assigned: Provides support to other staff, departments or the Commissioners as directed by the Director of Funding
- Grade 12 supplemented with courses in word processing, spreadsheets and office practices.
- Two years’ previous office experience is required.
- Knowledge of the treaty negotiation process in British Columbia and experience working with First Nations are assets.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of office practices and procedures.
- Exceptional attention to detailand accuracy.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize work load and work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Excellent grammar, spelling and proof reading skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word (merging), Excel and Access
- Understanding of Laserfiche data management system is an asset.
- Ensured all documents are accurate, complete, timely, and formatted appropriately.
- Strong Multi-Tasking capabilities
The Funding Assistant provides support to the Director, Negotiation Support Funding and the Funding Analyst.
Duties include receiving, recording and tracking all correspondence, funding submissions, and reports from First Nations or government departments, preparing First Nation funding agreements; preparing correspondence, payment schedules and other documents; preparing electronic payments for release to First Nations; and maintaining the records management system for the Funding Departmentusing Laserfiche.
For more information on the BC Treaty Commission, please visit our website at www.bctreaty.ca