Source: BC Hydro
Job Title: Service Contracts Administrator
Job Number: BCH-T-8916-180914E1
Job Location: Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada
Job Status: Full-time, Temporary
We're BC Hydro and we have a big job to do.
Keeping the lights on for over 4 million people across the province takes a lot of talented people doing many different jobs. From working deep in a generating station, atop a power pole, or behind a desk, whatever it is that makes you tick we offer challenging careers to help you reach your potential.
We're investing more than $2 billion per year in major capital infrastructure projects to help meet the growing demand for safe, reliable power. We're upgrading transmission lines, building new substations, and investing in our hydroelectric generation facilities. We aim to provide meaningful and challenging work, opportunities for growth and a healthy work/life balance. We've been recognized for excellence and been named one of B.C.'s Top Employers and one of Canada's Best Diversity Employers for four years in a row.
It's our vision is to be the most trusted, innovative utility company in North America by being smart about power in all we do.
- Participates in developing service level agreements, including providing input to contract pricing and billing. Monitors contract delivery expectations, costs, and related contract and performance measurement, incentive and penalty details in discussion with the reporting manager, Field Services and clients. Compiles and presents information using advanced levels of software applications such as word processing, database, spreadsheet, graphics and desktop publishing
- Administers service contract for Field Services to Lines of Business and other Third Parties such as the outsourcing of support services, fleet and other services by: compiling costs and billing information; assisting with contract and relationship management; assisting in conducting benchmarking studies to compare, report and prepare recommendations on service quality and improvements. Sets up, monitors and reconciles a variety of information using contract/cost management and financial management systems and refers unusual data to manager; checks, codes and prepares invoices for sign off by others
- Participates in communicating policies, standards and processes for the management of contracts for Field Services in discussion with reporting manager, and through participation in various forums assists in supporting the service contract environment
- Provides support in customer interfaces (internal and external parties) through various stages of the contract by: assisting in defining service requirements to identify activities performed by Field Services, and preparing pricing documents, reporting templates, monthly status reporting etc; providing service delivery assistance on a day-to-day operational level.
- Performs a variety of duties including gathering, maintaining and creating data from various sources such as electronic files and information data sheets from technical staff; verifies data received, identifies discrepancies, updates and/or makes required changes
- Performs a full range of clerical, administrative and business duties such as preparing and processing a variety of documents, reviewing and verifying completeness and accuracy of information, identifying discrepancies, and contacting appropriate staff for clarification/verification
- Receives, prioritizes and routes unit correspondence to appropriate personnel for further handling, including locating file references; responds to enquiry's related to service provision in absence of manager; composes routine letters and memos
- Coordinates and integrates conflicting schedules for managers; monitors and prioritizes workflow through Manager's office
- Performs duties of a minor nature related to the above duties, which do not affect the rating of the job.
- A minimum of 2 years in progressively more responsible administrative positions related to contract and facility management
- Experience in performance reporting with a well-developed applied knowledge of desktop computer applications
- Completion of High School diploma, plus experience with Business principles and administration, finance, reconciliation, management reporting, contract management, legal issues and administration, performance monitoring, research and benchmarking, computer application, communications report preparation and presentation knowledge
- Certificate in Business Administration or equivalent
- BC Hydro in house application programs such as BPR, PS Project, Contracts and Billing Modules
- Well developed listening, oral, written, communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills and ability to work in a multi-task environment.
This position is affiliated with the Movement of United Professionals union (MoveUP/COPE). http://moveuptogether.ca
Please note: This is a 1 Year FTT maternity leave replacement
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit their applications online at https://app.bchydro.com/careers/current_opp.html by September 24, 2018.
To access the job posting, visit the BC Hydro "Current Opportunities" Careers page to view and apply for jobs.
You must use a supported browser, such as Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Safari. Your pop up blocker will also need to be disabled for the BC Hydro Careers site.
On the BC Hydro Careers site, click on the Apply button in order to complete the steps to apply for this job. Please be sure to update your Candidate Profile with your current resume and include copies of your certifications, if applicable.
We're always looking for exceptional people to bring new ideas, fresh thinking and the motivation to help shape the electricity system in B.C. It's an exciting time to be a part of our team as we invest in our system and prepare to meet the challenges of tomorrow.
Our values guide our work. Want to join us?
We are safe.
We are here for our customers.
We are one team.
We act with integrity.
We respect our province.
We are forward thinking.
BC Hydro is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary