- Processes accounting, financial, vehicle use and other business performance documentation
reconciling project or work management related reports; preparing cost control reports
and draft narratives on significant variances; and preparing various cost, project and/or work
performance and vehicle use tracking statements, reports and summaries; makes
recommendations to manager based on findings.
- May be required to participate in the planning, scheduling, coordination and organization of office
accommodations and moves of employees, arrange phone and office equipment relocations; may
be required to act as a liaison with contractors or others to initiate action for building facility issues
such as HVAC, building security systems, janitorial issues, etc.
- May be required to perform work leadership and coordination of lower level Field Service
Administrator and other staff.
- Investigates and resolves escalated problems and issues referred from lower level FSA and
- Performs all of the same functions as the Field Services Administrator 1 and 2 jobs as required.
- Performs minor duties related to the above duties that do not affect the rating of the job.
- Supervisory skills, office procedures, practices, routines, filing systems document processing,
report formatting and preparation, personal computer and related application program operation,
reception and telephone answering techniques and knowledge are typically acquired through
graduation from High School plus completion of Overview of Electrical Utility Operations and in
house BC Hydro courses or equivalent in Supervisory skills, personal computer and related word
processing /spreadsheet/ presentation/database applications, SAP Financials, Expenses,
Passport Management, Design, Contract Requisition, Click Schedule, basic DAD, Power ON,
Service link, Gateway Web, CCS, MS Projects, ISS/Work Management, Resources on Demand,
various reporting, maintenance tracking, internet browsers, e-mail, messaging and other related
applications and/or security systems.
- A minimum of 1 year of general clerical and administrative experience as a Field Services
Administrator 2 or 2 years equivalent experience in general clerical admin plus work order
management, customer work management, dispatch, contract administration, materials issues
management, time capture, billing/expenses, and business/financial performance reporting
including demonstrated proficiency with PC operation.
- Previous supervisory experience is an asset
- Well developed oral, written and interpersonal communication and organization skills.
This position is affiliated with the Movement of United Professionals union (MoveUP/COPE).
The primary focus for this role is to process timesheets and expenses for Field Operations IBEW
employees and to process PON requests impacting
A strong understanding of the IBEW Collective Agreement is recommended.
This is an FTT position for 18 months.
We're always looking for exceptional people to bring new ideas, fresh thinking and the motivation
to help shape the electricity system in B.C. It's an exciting time to be a part of our team as we
invest in our system and prepare to meet the challenges of tomorrow.
Our values guide our work. Want to join us?
We are safe.
We are here for our customers.
We are one team.
We act with integrity.
We respect our province.
We are forward thinking.
BC Hydro is an equal opportunity employer.
HOW TO APPLY
Don't forget to update your Candidate Profile with your current resume and copies of your
certifications. If applicable, include your Trades Qualification. This will ensure we have all the
necessary information to assess your application without any delays.
Click on the Apply button in order to complete the steps to apply for this job.
2018-07-26 Closing Date: 2018-08-09