- Do you have a passion for creating Product and
Portfolio Development opportunities?
- Can you develop and implement new property
information products and services?
- Can you synthesize and provide clear and timely
functional requirements recommendations?
- Do you have your finger on the pulse of emerging
- Do you like working in a modern environment of
innovation and change?
The Manager, Product Development is a dynamic, newly
created role that comes with key accountabilities.
Working under the guidance of the Director, Property
Information and Marketing, your primary responsibility
is to champion the proactive and creative
conceptualization, design, development, prioritization,
implementation and ongoing improvement of property
information products and services with, and for,
internal and external stakeholders. Always maintaining a
strategic focus and customer perspective, you will
ensure the presentation of these products and services
is done in a meaningful, clear and intuitive manner; one
that drives strategic organizational and customer value.
You will develop business cases; report on progress and
KPI s; support requirements definition and user
acceptance testing; and participate in all aspects of
implementation planning and execution, including
training and roll out. You will demonstrate exceptional
knowledge of User Experience and Service Design best
practices, as well as proficiency with analytics and
compelling data-driven storytelling. You will also
provide directional input to improve service delivery
and customer satisfaction.
In order to be successful, you must be an impeccable
communicator and be able to bring out the best in people
and their ideas through brainstorming and presentations.
You must also be able to inspire and lead specialized
direct reports and indirect team members from
departments across the organization on a variety of
innovative projects and change initiatives. This role is
exciting and we are looking for the best "spark" to fill
Some things you can look forward to achieving in the
- Championing stakeholders and playing a key role in
the delivery of the Digital Customer Experience
- Developing and socializing a robust current and
future state vision for products & services that
serve a range of customer segments
- Providing direction and support to develop key
customer, product and market insights, including
opportunity identification & ranking, service
blueprints and customer journey mapping
- Driving the effective implementation of priority
product roadmap innovations
This is a permanent full-time opportunity with a
flexible work location - this role can work out of our
office in either Victoria, BC or Vancouver, BC. This
role does require some travel.
- Location(s): Victoria, BC - Uptown OR Vancouver, BC
- Competition Closes: July 24, 2018 at 4:30PM PST
Undergraduate degree in computer science, business
administration, marketing, business analysis,
information management, software engineering or
Experience:Eight years recent, related work experience including:
- Service design, product portfolio management, and go
to market roll out planning and execution.
- Product portfolio development road mapping
- All phases of project development life cycle,
including rapid iteration methodology.
- Setting priorities and managing digital interface
information/data products and services deliverables.
- Directing and using business intelligence and web
analytics tools for systems management and
- Information/data services business development,
specific experience with property information
- Preparing cost projections, product proposals,
business cases, status reports, and other
documentation as required.
- Leading teams with direct reports.
- Managing budgets and resources.
- Presenting compelling recommendations, plans and
results to senior management and other stakeholders.
- Working directly with various internal and external
stakeholders and end users of all levels.
An equivalent combination of education and
experience may be considered.
Offers of employment are conditional upon a satisfactory
criminal record search. A criminal charge or conviction
will not necessarily preclude employment with BC
Assessment. However, a recent criminal charge or
conviction found to be related to the intended
employment may result in the loss of an employment