It’s an exciting time to work at Baylis Medical! We are a rapidly-growing global leader in the development, manufacturing and distribution of high-tech medical devices that improve the lives of people around the world.
Baylis is based out of Mississauga, Ontario and has offices in Montreal, the United States, the United Kingdom and Germany. The addition of a new state-of-the-art Innovation Centre in Mississauga will allow us to develop new technologies in the fields of cardiology, radiology and spine, while creating hundreds of new Mississauga-based jobs.
At Baylis, we are committed to four guiding principles: technological leadership, employee development, customer service and corporate social responsibility. We are looking for talented people who share our vision and values. Are you ready to join us?
Our team is rapidly growing and we are currently seeking a Manufacturing Engineer to assist with the development of products. Our engineers work to continuously improve the throughput, quality, yield and reduce the cost of manufacturing processes. The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for the transfer of new process or product changes into production through designing, prototyping, testing and validating new equipment and processes.
The Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for 1 or more projects from conception through to implementation encompassing all aspects of designing, testing, validation, documentation and implementation.
At Baylis, we offer challenging and meaningful careers for individuals inspired to work in the biomedical industry. Our team consists of intelligent and success-driven individuals with a strong inspiration to improve the lives of others.
Snapshot of Responsibilities
- Lead DFM (Design for Manufacturing) activities for the development of new cutting-edge medical.
- Develop verification plans and conduct verification testing
- Design new production tools for improved manufacturing efficiency
- Develop and test new manufacturing processes
- Support production and service activities for existing devices
What you bring to the team
- Background in Electrical and/or Systems Engineering degree required. Master’s degree strongly preferred
- 3+ years experience in a similar role.
- Experience in design for manufacturing, process design, pFMEA and process validation
- Working knowledge of ISO 13485, ISO 14971, IEC 60601-1, IPC-A-610, IPC/WHMA-A-620 is an asset
- Experience with electrical test equipment such as oscilloscopes, digital multimeters, hipot testers and Labview is an asset
- Working knowledge of Lean & Six Sigma methodologies is an asset
What we have to offer
We encourage you to apply directly with a Cover Letter stating your interest.
Baylis Medical is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Please inform us if you require any accommodations during the recruitment process.
While we thank all applicants, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.