Marketing & Communications Department at Baycrest has an opportunity for a
MANAGER, MEDIA & MARKETING - FULL TIME
70 Hours Bi-weekly, Non-Union
The Baycrest Marketing and Communications department is responsible for developing and executing communications strategies for a wide range of internal and external audiences in support of Baycrest’s strategic objectives. The team manages Baycrest’s reputation, and works with senior leaders to manage issues and enhance the public perception of Baycrest as a leader in geriatric care, research, innovation and education. This includes working in support of the fundraising efforts of the Baycrest Foundation. It also oversees all aspects of the organization’s brand, both internally and externally.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Works both proactively and responsively with all areas of the organization to create multi-channel media relations strategies that are branded and developed with fundraising priorities in mind
- Evaluates and suggests media opportunities to maximize positive visibility of Baycrest to target audiences;
- Oversees and supports the creation of branded content, ads, print and digital marketing collateral, press releases, news stories, editorials, bylines, social media content, media invitations, etc.
- Supports media opportunities (eg. government announcements, special media events, etc.)
- Builds strong internal and external relationships to generate positive PR and media coverage, counsels on brand considerations within all areas of the organization and engenders a culture of brand advocacy
- Ensures the expert briefing of Baycrest spokespeople before interviews, including written briefing notes, Q&A’s and media training
- Reduces the risk of negative publicity - issue managing all aspects of public relations and media to ensure timely, proper, accurate and sound research, information gathering, distribution of information to right audience
- Serves as contact and manages media relations function during a crisis
- Manages strategy and execution of special media or marketing-related projects (event-related, partner organization initiatives or announcements, film requests, etc.)
- Works with vendors and staff to evaluate and recommend solutions and ideas related to paid media, print outputs and infrastructure
- Oversees and provides guidance related to brand research, strategy and execution as it pertains to media presence, marketing collateral and opportunities
- Oversees Marketing & Communications staff who support the Media and Marketing portfolio and works collaboratively with other Managers and organizational contact
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- University Degree or College Diploma (Journalism or Communications is preferred)
- Extensive experience in an agency setting or hospital, supporting public sector, not-for-profit and/or healthcare clients through media relations and marketing or Marketing and Communications or Public Affairs environment in a major public organization,
- Minimum of 7 years in a communications, public relations/media officer position where responsibilities have included: developing and executing on media relations and marketing strategies, programs/plans
- Successful track record of maximizing the use of traditional and new media vehicles – both earned and paid to support brand building, public awareness and fundraising
- Prior responsibilities should include: marketing strategies, leading cross-functional initiatives, issues management, responsibility for budget, hands on production of newsletters
- Experience managing direct and/or reports critical to the implementation of media and marketing strategies
- Experience leading deliverables required from design teams and managing the delivery of collateral – printed and digital
- MS Office (excellent MS Word, Excel skills, PowerPoint)
- Experience with media relations tools (such as MRP Data, Meltwater), photography; social media platforms (YouTube, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram),
- Knowledge/experience using the Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign and Photoshop)
- Basic HTML an asset
- Photography/video skills are assets
- Calm, unflappable demeanor in the face of pressures and issues management
- Consummate team player
External applicants: Please submit your application online by clicking the Apply button below.
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.