The Baycrest Innovation Solution Centre at Baycrest has an opportunity for a
Director, Innovation Solution Centre
Full-time (70 hours bi-weekly)
The Baycrest Innovation Solution Centre supports Baycrest’s strategic goal of becoming the leading research, education and innovation hub for the discovery, advancement and adoption of novel approaches to optimizing aging and brain health. The Innovation Solution Centre will support this goal by implementing an innovation strategy across Baycrest, leading the development of key innovation initiatives and driving a “culture of innovation” by supporting innovators across the campus. In addition, the Innovation Solution Centre will be a hub for the management of the IP disclosure process, adoption and commercialization activities and innovation scouting and futuring. The Innovation Centre will also be a key broker connecting progressive companies to Baycrest innovators to pursue innovative projects and commercialization opportunities.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develops policies, processes, tools and incentives to support Baycrest’s Innovation Infrastructure
- Manages the IP disclosure process and adoption and commercialization activities
- Undertakes an inventory an assessment of Baycrest IP and develops action plans for each innovation
- Drives a culture of innovation by support innovators across the campus through the effective use of events, awards, tools, education, advice and support
- Proactively sources new innovations through scouting and futuring activities throughout the campus
- Establishes partnerships with companies and key innovation organizations to drive commercialization and knowledge mobilization opportunities
- Organizes staff to undertake persistent innovation scouting and sharing processes bringing awareness of transformative technology and innovations to the attention of their unit and fellow staff
- Creates a model innovation platform that can be shared with and adopted by other seniors’ care organizations
- Leads the development of strategic innovation initiatives across the campus
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- Master’s degree in a Scientific, Engineering, Business, Design or Health discipline (or related field) is required
- Post-graduate certifications and coursework relating to innovation, project management, design thinking, technology is desirable
- Minimum of seven (7) years of leadership experience at the director or senior manager level in a technology, science, or entrepreneurial venture required, healthcare-related preferred
- Demonstrated business development experience
- Direct experience managing IP (science/ education/ clinical), with evidence of driving IP forward to adoption, commercialization or both
- Solid understanding of the IT, digital health, big data, and wearables landscape as it relates to healthcare
- Direct experience in organizing and delivering Design Thinking / human-centered design skills
- Experience with budget and operational target management; strong outcome and target-based delivery skills
- Experience leading innovation-related methodologies – knowledge mobilization, Design Thinking, Product/Program development, Project Management
- Proven experience facilitating groups and workshops with diverse participants to deliver specific outcomes
- Strong people management and leadership skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills – able to maintain effective relationships at a variety of levels in the organization
- Excellent verbal, written, listening and presentation communication skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit and commitment to life-long learning
External applicants: Please submit your application online by clicking the “Apply” button below.
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences
are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.