POSITION LENGTH & HOURS – The Volunteer Coordinator is a 7-week contract position working a maximum of 34 hours
per week (5 Weekdays in the office between 10am – 5:00pm, with 1-2 weeknight shifts and/or 1 weekend shift. The position
time is from July 15th until August 31st.
ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible for this position, the individual must:
- be between 15 and 30 years of age
- have been registered as full-time student in the previous academic year & intend to return to school on a full-
time basis in the next academic year;
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred
- be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations.
– Our team requires a youth basketball focused individual to help with the planning, coordination
and development of our Volunteer Team. Reporting to the Director / Program Manager or Program Coordinator, the
successful candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Assist with the weekly planning, development, organization and preparation of BWT youth volunteers teams.
- Assistance with the day to day operations of the youth volunteers team application process, interviewing,
registration, scheduling and program plan as well as evaluations.
- Maintenance of website information and e-mail communication with potential volunteers.
- Help with the development, distribution and promotion volunteer information.
- Respond to volunteer inquires and issues via website, email and in person about the teams.
- Some relationship development and management with customers, vendors, facilities and related staff.
- Complete administrative duties such communication, database, statistical, rules and regulation updates.
SKILL & QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Proven track record of working with people and the ability to build relationships.
- You are positive, enthusiastic and have an endless supply of energy.
- Strengths include attention to detail, highly organized, planning, problem solving and decision-making.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (telephone and in person).
- Customer service oriented and able to work independently.
- Interested in meeting new people and speaking confidently in a small group setting.
- Reliable, punctual, hard work and motivated self-starter who likes to build things from scratch.
- Highly proficient in Google G-Suite (G-Mail, Google Calendar & Google Drive), Basic Website Editing, Evernote
and Task Management Apps as well as the ability to learn technology quickly.
- Knowledge and interest of the game of basketball, the basketball industry in the city, or the NBA, or NCAA
Basketball or CIS basketball as well as own transportation are assets.
- This is a paid position at a rate of $15 per hour (minus deductions – CPP, EI & Vacation Pay)