LENGTH OF CONTRACT – Internship for 2 – 8 months (Depends on school internship requirements)
BWT requires a youthful dynamic sports / basketball minded individual to help with the development of BWT’s Sponsorship
and Partnership initiatives for BWT’s basketball programs. This internship will provide an invaluable opportunity to gain
essential skills and experience in sponsorship and business in the local sports community. The Intern will be expected to
fulfill the requirements of the position for one of the time intervals FALL (Sept to Dec.) or WINTER (January to March) or
SPRING (March to May) or SUMMER (June to August). Reporting to the Director / Program Manager or Program
Coordinator, the successful candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Assist the coordinator with current sponsorship and partnership initiatives for BWT’s basketball programs by
maintaining database records, tracking donations and thanking sponsors using our database.
- Identify and research sponsorship opportunities with corporations, businesses and individuals.
- Support the preparing and editing of current sponsorship initiatives for the Director.
- Inform the Coordinator about any Sponsorship trends within the sector from your research.
- Facilitate Sponsorship and Partnership campaigns with key partners
- Help create presentations that can communicate BWT’s vision and value from a Sponsors viewpoint
- Provide general administrative support for the sponsorship and partnership program
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS REQUIREMENTS
- Knowledge and passion in sponsorship and partnerships in the sports community is ideal.
- Proven track record of being able to conduct thorough research and a high attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including experience of working with members of the business community.
- Excellent organizational, time management skills and a high level of problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Positive, enthusiastic and committed to getting the job done.
- Ability to manage a varied workload, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Reliable, punctual, hard work and motivated self-starter who likes to build things from scratch.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) and the willingness and ability to learn quickly.
- Knowledge and interest of the game of basketball, the basketball industry in the city, or the NBA, or NCAA
Basketball or CIS basketball as well as own transportation are assets.
UNIQUE WORKING HOURS
Your commitment to BWT would involve mainly weekdays 10am - 5:00pm with some weekend / weeknight work.
This intern position receives an honorarium based on their time and performance/impact to the business. In addition to
the honorarium, the individual will gain valuable planning, organizing & managing grassroots sporting events.
All interviews will be held at the BWT head office. We will not offer phone interviews as an option for the first step of the
interview process. In addition, please note that we are a dog-friendly environment as there is a small dog that is frequently in