LENGTH OF CONTRACT – Internship for 2 – 8 months (Depends on school internship requirements)
BWT requires a youthful dynamic sports / basketball minded individual to help with the development of BWT’s marketing and
communications strategies for BWT’s men's, women's and youth basketball programs. The Intern will be expected to fulfill
the requirements of the position for one of the time intervals FALL (Sept to Dec.) or WINTER (January to March) or SPRING
(March to May) or SUMMER (June to August). Reporting to the Director / Program Manager or Program Coordinator, the
successful candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Planning, development and facilitation of BWT’s Marketing & Communications Plan to enhance BWT’s brand in
the basketball community.
- Management and maintenance of online presence and reputation on BWT’s website, various social media
channels and marketing campaigns.
- Assist with the creation of unique communication ideas for all of BWT’s programs for current and future seasons.
- Work directly with the Director and Business Development Rep to develop communications for programs.
- Communicate with external agencies and vendors to obtain and share project deliverables and assets.
- Development and implementation of metrics to evaluate the effectiveness of marketing and communication
strategies including social media.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS REQUIREMENTS
- Understanding of marketing, online and interactive marketing strategies, social media concepts and systems.
- Creative individual with a strong attention to detail and the willingness to learn quickly.
- Understanding of basic social media platforms, including: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Vine,
Pinterest etc. as well as knowledge of social media campaign tools such as Mailchimp, Constant Contact etc.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills who is self motivated and looking for opportunities to learn.
- Ability to proactively find solutions to problems and makes educated decisions quickly.
- Excellent organization, time management and multi-tasking skills and thrives in a fast paced environment.
- You are positive, enthusiastic and have an endless supply of energy.
- Reliable, punctual, hard work who likes to build things from scratch.
- Knowledge and interest of the game of basketball, the basketball industry in the city, or the NBA, or NCAA
Basketball or CIS basketball as well as own transportation are assets.
UNIQUE WORKING HOURS
Your commitment to BWT would involve mainly weekdays with some weekend / weeknight work.
This intern position receives an honorarium based on their time and performance/impact to the business. In addition to
the honorarium, the individual will gain valuable planning, organizing & managing grassroots sporting events.