BasicGov develops and sells applications that serve the massively expanding universe of cloud computing solutions for state and local government. Our solution, which is on the SalesForce AppExchange, helps government manage revenue and improve communications with citizens and business. We need an experienced Partner Support Specialist to work on these rapid application tools that improve government, business and professional interactions all over North America.
We are a small company, but we're growing. Every person we hire is very important part of a team that is built on mutual respect and collaboration. Work from home options? Check. Off-site team-building days? Check. Bonus plan? You betcha.
About the Opportunity:
As the primary Tier 3 Support Specialist you are a solution-oriented individual who enjoys solving complex technical problems. You will play a lead role in our most important partner relationships by being the go-to person for critical escalations. You will be a knowledge leader in the company with the ability to consult on implementation best practices, troubleshoot issues and resolve as many items as possible while understanding the importance of rapid escalation for issues beyond your control.
You have excellent communication skills - you can talk the tech with Dev, Product and QA, but you also know how to talk everything else with the customer. You enjoy working in a lean, fast-paced work environment with changing priorities. And, you are a critical thinker with a keen eye for the devil hiding in the details.
- Own the complete end-to-end customer experience by acting as the point of escalation for technical problems that cannot be resolved by Tier 1 or 2 support.
- Resolve customer service issues and skillfully manage complex customer service problems.
- Liaise and work closely with the R&D and Infrastructure teams on escalated technical issues and product roadmap changes/new features as well as working with R&D on pilot programs.
- Participate in weekly cross-functional team meetings to drive the resolution of Tier 3 issues through these teams.
- Lead and oversee the resolution of critical technical issues, providing prompt and complete resolution to technical challenges and business issues.
- Manage customers' expectations and experience in a way that results in high customer satisfaction.
- Assist partner developers in troubleshooting their integration with BasicGov and Salesforce APIs, Apex, Visualforce and implementation of other salesforce.com developer products. This will involve debugging, troubleshooting, and taking responsibility to see that the issue is fully resolved.
- Develop and maintain technical expertise in assigned areas of product functionality and utilize that expertise effectively to help customers.
- Create knowledge base materials dedicated towards operational efficiency while also empowering and enabling the greater support community. Working with the Technical Writer to ensure materials are complete.
- Share best practices with team members to enhance the quality and efficiency of customer support through training sessions.
- Ability to orchestrate all Basic Gov team efforts and ensure we are a single point of contact for Tier 3 post-sales support activities.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- 2+ years corporate experience in the fields above.
- (or) 5+ years of prior experience in Technical Support and/or 3+ years with development experience
- Experience interfacing with development and QA teams
- Experience in end-user training and documentation
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Demonstrated analysis, problem-solving and skills troubleshooting expertise
- Ability to effectively prioritize and escalate customer issues as required
- Comfortable interacting with all levels of customer and BasicGov management
- Ability to multi-task and perform effectively under pressure
- Understanding of Internet technologies: firewalls, web servers, web proxy servers, etc.
- Database and relational data structures
- Visualforce and Apex code experience
- Certified Salesforce Administrator (ADMIN201)
- Certified Salesforce Developer (DEV401)
- Certified Salesforce Developer (DEV501)
- CRM domain knowledge
- Previous experience with Salesforce.com CRM and its technologies
This position includes a comprehensive benefits package and is eligible for our corporate bonus plan.
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
We thank all candidates that apply, but advise that only those that have been selected for next steps will be contacted.
NOTE: As BasicGov works directly with government agencies, we will require a criminal record check for all successful candidates as part of our recruitment process. BasicGov is a drug-free workplace.