The Senior Technical Market Specialist – Fungicides (TMS-F) assumes leadership and responsibility for all technical elements (labels, technical editing, product use direction, training materials, recommendations, and technical positioning) of assigned products.
The TMS-F is accountable to the sales and marketing functions for the technical support of assigned products. The goal is to maintain the technical integrity and positioning of product lines, as well as increase net income via key operating objectives of increasing sales and reducing liability costs.
The TMS-F is also responsible for leading technical research and demonstration projects that demonstrate the technical benefits of the BASF product lines for internal and external customers. Results of the research and demonstration programs must be summarized and integrated into training, selling and technical support output distributed to both internal and external customers.
The TMS-F provides marketing support by direct interaction with specific marketing crop group units in the development and implementation of its annual business plans. Support of the sales organization to achieve income objectives occurs primarily via interaction with resourcing of the Technical Service Representatives. The Technical Market Specialist position is tasked with providing the key guidance, leadership, and training to make the BASF product lines successful and beneficial.
- Manage GIA budget and coordinate testing with key researchers/influencers
- Provide input into research targets globally, regionally and locally for near commercial and commercial products
- Design large scale testing protocols in conjunction with Brand Managers that support product positioning.
- Key contact for media/PR activity associated with product champion role.
- Develop and implement strategic plans for each KIP. These plans often relate to joint research projects, graduate student projects etc.
- Make GIA recommendations for research projects in western Canada.
- Partner with key influencers and institutions on specific research projects.
- Serve on academic or trade/grower association boards or committees.
- Provide technical information to key influencers
- Acquire external data which supports brand positioning
- Provide technical input and market insight to our long-range planning process,
- Leadership role in providing technical expertise to long term strategic planning (Molecule Team, Growth Plan Team), particularly as it relates to proprietary technology verses competitor technology.
- Lead role in management of strategic projects to support business goals and direction.
- Participate on Global project teams that set long term product development strategy.
- Expert role in terms of technical gaps and market trends to facilitate long term planning.
- Use generated field and university research data to develop tools that support marketing and sales tactics and facilitate the technical transfer of information
- Deliver training through a variety of presentation tools
- Technical training and direction for Technical Service Representatives.
-Technical support for product inquiries.