AUTOMOTIVE INFOTAINMENT ANDROID DEVELOPER
12 MONTHS CONTRACT (INDEFINITEC ONTRACT/PERM OFFERING POSSIBILITY)
MARKHAM, L3R 4H8, ON
The auto industry is developing today’s cutting edge technologies in the fields of connectivity, multimedia, self-driving and much more. You can be part of a growing, young, dynamic team at Canadian Technical Centre’s Software Infotainment team. Looking for Technical leads, developers and quality assurance members who will contribute to the development and integration of software features in various areas such as Android Framework, Multimedia, Connectivity and Core Applications.
Your contribution will enable customers to connect their personal consumer devices to the vehicle infotainment system as well as providing a user friendly user interface to control the vehicle infotainment system. This system was built using 2 TI embedded multi-core processors running 2 different embedded RTOSes.
- Contribute as designer and developer to design, code and release software for Android target
- Participate in the implementation of connectivity framework features (BT, USB and Wi-Fi etc.) or multimedia framework features (playback engine, audio, codec, speech, CarPlay, AndroidAuto, or Android Framework (AOSP) and Applications and Services.
- Participate in improving and maintaining existing Infotainment software
- Participate in feature requirements analysis, and test-case design review
- Participate in feature prototype building, testing, and refinement
- Participate in improving and tailoring existing drivers, stack and applications to our needs
- Provide clear and complete documentation based on the definition of the software development process
- Collaborate with other engineers by using Scrum/Agile development process.
- Be able to occasionally travel domestically and internationally
Must Have All Below Criteria
- 4 to 6 years of experience developing applications or middleware for mobile platforms like Embedded Android or iOS
- 3 to 5 years of Commercial software development experience using C/C++
- Object-oriented software development experience with a solid grasp of algorithms and data structures
- Experience working with large code bases, developing entirely new code and maintaining existing code
- Knowledge of Android components, framework and architecture (such as Apps, Multimedia, BT V4, USB, NFC, Wi-Fi and Projection, CarPlay, Speech, ScreenCasting, OpenMax, GStreamer, CAN BUS, LIN, AUTOSTAR, etc.)
- Knowledge of test development and testing of embedded system firmware
- Knowledge and experience about embedded LAN and Ethernet
- Software platform development experience, such as Linux and Android platform
- Experience with SCM tools, GIT, JIRA, Eclipse IDE, ClearCase etc.
Nice to Haves
- Working experience with Mobile Platforms/Services and Apps, CarPlay, and Android Auto
- Contribute as designer and developer to design, code and release software for QNX or Embedded Linux
- 3 to 5 years of Commercial software development experience using Java (Advanced or Expert Level)
- Experience in developing automotive infotainment solutions
- Experience in automotive and/or portable consumer electronic devices