We are starting our search for another great kennel assistant to join our team.
This is a casual position with a varying work schedule between the hours of 6:30am and 6:30pm.
- Must have a love for animals and a desire to improve the quality of a dog's life following all laws regarding animal care.
- An ability to demonstrate an integrity of trust
- Willing to work long hours that include working weekdays, weekends and statutory holidays.
- Willing and capable of working alone or as part of a team.
- Leadership skills that include the ability to make independent decisions and to solve problems on the spot.
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment and find creative solutions to any obstacles that may arise.
- Capable and willingness to work in all weather conditions indoors and outdoors.
- A willingness and confidence to manage the behavior of a pack of dogs that consists of a variety of breeds, sizes and temperaments with a priority of keeping all the dogs safe.
- Capable and willing to learn and apply established training techniques and behavior modification approaches.
- Caring for the wellbeing of the dogs that includes basic grooming, feeding, maintaining adequate fresh water and administering medication where needed. Ensuring that the environment is safe and clean at all times.
- Monitoring of the dogs if they have an illness or a possible disease.
- An understanding that bumps, bruises and scratches come along with working with a group of dogs.
- Demonstrated ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Friendly, outgoing personality with strong customer service skills. Pleasantly greeting clients and updating them on their pet's visit with us.
- Direct any customer question or concerns to the owner or acting management in the owner's absence.
- Alert owner or acting manager of any changes in dogs' appearance or behavior.
- Must have clothing and footwear suitable for the weather and terrain conditions
- A willingness to perform some physically demanding labor.
- Adhering to facility cleaning and sanitization practices is a must.
- Knowledge in utilizing social media for daily picture and video uploads.
- Proper management of client payments and balance of float box.
- Proper management of schedule/booking system and maintenance of client profiles while following Privacy Laws.
- Taking pride in the presentation of the kennel facility and following all procedures for a clean and healthy environment for the dogs and for ourselves.
- Ensure all pets and their belongings go home clean.
References will be required and a Criminal Check.
Please ensure to provide a cover letter with your resume giving us a little information about you and why you would be the best candidate for this position. We will not be reviewing any applications without this cover letter.
Job Type: Casual
- Dog Care: 1 year (Preferred)
- Class 5 Drivers License (Required)