A large, New England based real estate Company with a 50 year track record of success in property management, and development is seeking an experienced Property Accountant. The successful candidate will be working with senior level staff and other accounting team members in reporting financial results for 160 properties in seven states. Specific areas of responsibility will include: The monthly closing process for a portfolio of properties; Preparation of audit work papers; Coordination of the budgeting process with the property management supervisors. This is a "hands on" position that requires both strong technical expertise in conjunction with superior written and verbal communication skills. This is a full-time position.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Three or more years of experience in Property Management Accounting, or equivalent work experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting (or in Finance/Business with complimentary accounting courses).
- Track record of being able to handle increasing levels or responsibility.
- Experience with Yardi software or a similar Real Estate property management package is a "plus".
- Highly proficient with EXCEL and MS Office, as well as strong computer and analytical skills.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, dynamic business environment.
Desired Personal Work Traits:
- Must have a "Customer Service" orientation to all internal and external stakeholders
- Works well in a team structure environment.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to both lead and problem solve.
- Assumes responsibility and fully completes tasks or projects with a high level of detail orientation.
- Maintain high ethics and personal integrity including a high level of confidentiality in all financial matters.
- Project and maintain a professional attitude, demeanor and appearance .
Please note all job offers are contingent upon passing background check and drug test.
Please include a cover letter, resume and a salary history/requirement as part the response.
Job Type: Full-time