WHO WE'RE SNIFFIN' FOR:
As the Packaging Engineer at BARK you will translate design vision into compelling physical form via collaboration and expertise of what makes a wonderful package. You will be responsible for proactively bringing innovative packaging solutions forward, testing those solutions, and implementing packaging designs that are an integral part of the BARK product creation process.
- A bachelor's degree in packaging engineering, industrial design or a related discipline is required.
- Must have 5+ years of experience in industrial or consumer packaging
- Technical knowledge and understanding of packaging design validation standards (ISO, ASTM, etc.), drafting and specification standards is essential
- Solid judgment, problem solving and decision making skills are necessary
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team. Understanding of process improvement, quality improvement concepts is needed; ISO 9001 certification (e.g., CQA, CQE, CQIA) is desirable
- Should have experience in rapid prototyping
- Must be able to demonstrate project management skills and experience; project management certification a plus
- Demonstrable proficiency in 3D CAD software is preferred
- Manage complete packaging development process, including the creation of prototypes, proof of concepts, and performance testing.
- Work closely with sourcing around costing, vendor selection/management, and PO issuance.
- Partner with sales and merchandising to create retail POS solutions, pitch presentation materials, and support product development collateral needs
- Provide technical packaging expertise to bridge designs into physical forms across multiple types of packaging (corrugated, plastic, etc.)
- Continuously collaborate with creative, merch and product teams to deliver new products to market.
- Analyze design drawings and specifications of product to determine physical characteristics of item, special handling, environmental and safety requirements, and types of materials required for packaging
- Optimize packaging supply base for cost, lead time, quality, regionalization, standardization, supply assurance, and compliance with customer, regulatory, and internal requirements.
- Establish standards and guidelines for supplier evaluation. Work with sourcing to evaluate and select packaging suppliers/vendors; periodically conduct vendor reviews.