At Barings, we are as invested in our associates as we are in our clients. We recognize those who work diligently for us and reward them for personal and professional integrity, communication skills, distinct competencies and expertise in specific strategies, ability to collaborate as a team member and true dedication to the interests of our clients.
We thank you for your interest in joining the Barings team, and invite you to explore our current employment opportunities.
Ten-week summer internship program working with real estate professionals to gain exposure to public and private commercial real estate investment and finance.
- Assist in underwriting and analyzing potential acquisitions/originations, including cash flow projections, using ARGUS and/or Excel software, valuation and return calculations.
- Gather and evaluate economic, demographic, and real estate market data.
- Review legal documents and other materials as part of the due diligence process.
- Assist in the preparation of investment briefs and related support material.
- Assist analysts in responding to client and regional office requests.
- Provide analytical and modeling support to analysts and management.
- Participate in the financial review of property operating results.
- Assist in aggregating data and inputting information into a database; maintain and improve existing databases, presentation materials, and department analytical tools.
- Respond to requests for specific short-term projects.
- Participate in learning sessions with members of the management team across Barings to gain insight to and knowledge of the business.
- Write a case study on a separate project that is self-initiated during the Intern’s tenure at the firm.
- Current Junior working towards a degree in real estate, finance, accounting or related field.
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.3.
- Some commercial real estate investment analysis experience is desired but not required.
- Experience using Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Experience modeling financial data.
- Knowledge of ARGUS software preferred.
Additional Qualifications :
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills
- Continuous attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills; strong organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Understands business issues and the ability to translate into effective action
Barings is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer; Minority/Female/Age/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply.