At Barings, we are as invested in our associates as we are in our clients. We recognize those who work diligently for us and reward them for personal and professional integrity, communication skills, distinct competencies and expertise in specific strategies, ability to collaborate as a team member and true dedication to the interests of our clients.
We thank you for your interest in joining the Barings team, and invite you to explore our current employment opportunities.
Internal Management Reporting
Title: Associate Director – Internal Accounting
Department: Global Controller’s Group
Location: Charlotte, NC
Barings is a $303+ billion* global asset management firm dedicated to meeting the evolving investment and capital needs of our clients. We build lasting partnerships that leverage our distinctive expertise across traditional and alternative asset classes to deliver innovative solutions and exceptional service. Part of MassMutual, Barings maintains a strong global presence with over 1,800 associates and offices in 16 countries. Learn more at www.barings.com .
1as of December 31, 2018
This position is responsible for assisting with the company’s monthly close and maintaining adequate controls in the recording of entries and the reporting of financial information during the close process. In addition, the position interacts with all levels of the organization, including the firm’s parent (MassMutual) to obtain data and provide management with the relevant accounting information. The position will reside in our corporate headquarters in Charlotte, NC, reporting to the Direct of Internal Accounting.
- Provide primary support and review of the monthly consolidated results for the Director of Internal Accounting
- Work with the Director of Internal Accounting to ensure certain accounting activities are executed, such as: monthly accruals, fixed asset work, GL account reconciliations, intercompany postings, documentation/evidence of control precision, SOX testing compilation, auditor support compilation, etc.
- Review internal monthly income statement and balance sheets prepared for management
- Ensure intercompany eliminations are properly in balance for the monthly close
- In charge of reviewing and approving general ledger accruals for the monthly close process
- Resolve monthly close action items as assigned by the Director of Internal Accounting
- Review and report on expense analysis performed by internal accounting team
- Review monthly reconciliations of general ledger account balances for approval and signoff
- Support the Director of Internal Accounting by establishing sound internal financial statement controls and lead the control documentation process and maintenance of the control precision of the company
- Provide support to the Company’s Risk Team for periodic SOX controls test work
- Provide support to the Company’s auditors for interim and annual results.
- Proactively search out ways to improve and streamline processes.
- Lead special projects, as assigned
- 5-7 years relevant accounting experience
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance
- CPA with public accounting experience preferred
- Basic knowledge of GAAP accounting
- Experience with Workday a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, with emphasis on Excel
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills used for the collection and communication of information
- Strong organizational, staff management, analytical, and time management skills
- Self-motivated; able to work independently and communicate effectively across company locations and organizational lines
- Be open to change, and when required, embrace change
- Demonstrated success in implementing accounting and financial review process improvement
Barings is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer; Minority/Female/Age/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply.