Barilla is an Italian family-owned food company. Established in 1877, it’s now an international Group present in more than 100 countries.
A world leader in the markets of pasta and ready–to–use sauces in continental Europe, bakery products in Italy and crispbread in Scandinavia, the Barilla Group is recognized worldwide as a symbol of Italian know–how.
“Good for You, Good for the Planet” is Barilla’s purpose and the only way each person in the Group works and of which is an ambassador. It means caring for the wellbeing of people and the planet in everything Barilla does, from the field to consumption; it also means promoting open and transparent working relationships in the communities Barilla is part of.
Introduction – Organizational Details:
Barilla wants to recruit a Trade Marketing Specialist - Canada – within Trade Marketing & Sales based in Toronto, Canada. The individual will report to the Trade Marketing Professional.
Job Purpose: Trade Marketing Specialist supports the Canadian Sales Teams with internal data analysis, management and accounting of the key components that are critical to providing consistent and effective information supporting the day to day planning and operations of the business.
Key Accountabilities :
- Collect forecast assumptions of all finished good items from the business Channel Leads using historical trends, secondary data, and field information to understand changing market dynamics. Collect all customer forecasts from Channel Leads and enter into Manugistics.
- Collect and transmit quarterly budgets submissions for volume, gross sales, commissions, listing fees, trade spending, and returns discounts.
- Act as point person for forecast performance reporting – daily scorecard, accuracy report, promotion summary for Sales.
- Create daily sales reports and provide analytical support identifying opportunities and/or issues versus budget.
- Participate in weekly Sales and Supply Chain meetings discussing demand planning / Manugistics and act as key lead for local issues relating to forecasting and supply.
- Act as Adesso (trade management system) lead for entering quotas and related administrative support.
- Analytical support on clearing and managing of trade deductions. Working with Internal Sales and Brokers to assist where necessary.
- Enforce best practices tracking (KPI) for trade management by brokers (i.e. deduction clearing, deal setup, etc).
- Train new brokers on business tools used in their relationship with Barilla (e.g. sales reporting, trade spend management, account setup processes, GS1, Kwikee).
- Maintain master data for SKU specifications, pricing and their dissemination for internal/broker/customer requests and budgeting/forecast purposes.
- Manage price lists and SAP related updates.
- Be the key contact person for listing questions originating from Consumer Response group.
- Process commission payments for all brokers in an accurate and timely manner.
- Process Sales Cheque Requests for trade spending to accounting for payment (ensuring entry in Adesso, and filling out cheque request forms).
- Prepare monthly accruals for trade spends, listings and commissions for all channels.
- Complete new vendor setup forms for new payees on trade and operational invoices.
- Maintain customer hierarchy and customer setup for all order-to-cash set up needs.
- Develop and generate ad hoc sales reporting and analysis as needed.
- Act as site administrator for Walmart Retail Link (includes user setup, approval of item sharing requests with brokers, approval of deals set up by brokers).
- Assist in coordinating all market launch and product information. Including the gathering of critical information for external customer requests, i.e. Nutritional, Product Specification, and Insurance information.
- Other duties as assigned
- 4-year university degree a plus
- 3-5 years’ Sales support and analysis, preferably in the Canadian food industry
- 3-5 years’ experience in Adesso, SAP/BI, Manugistics or similar software
- 3-5 years’ experience in analyzing data
- Expert level proficiency in MS Office software
- Experience in ECCnet ProSync SKU data maintenance
- Experience in Walmart Retail Link, as site administrator
- Familiarity with the accounting process
- Experience in developing and generating reports, and translating outcomes into improved business results.
- Fluency in French and/or Italian a plus
- Ability to travel up to 10% domestically as well as potentially internationally
- Strong presentation, communication, and leadership skills
- Detail-oriented and strong problem-solving capabilities
- Excellent communication skills to all levels of the company
- Highly organized and detail-oriented