Barilla is an Italian family-owned food company. Established in 1877, it’s now an international Group present in more than 100 countries.
A world leader in the markets of pasta and ready–to–use sauces in continental Europe, bakery products in Italy and crispbread in Scandinavia, the Barilla Group is recognized worldwide as a symbol of Italian know–how.
“ Good for You, Good for the Planet ” is Barilla’s purpose and the only way each person in the Group works and of which is an ambassador. It means caring for the wellbeing of people and the planet in everything Barilla does, from the field to consumption; it also means promoting open and transparent working relationships in the communities Barilla is part of.
Introduction – Organizational Details:
Barilla America, Inc. wants to recruit a Marketing Budget Operator– within Marketing based in Northbrook, IL . The individual will report to the Integrated Marketing and Communication Senior Manager
Job Purpose: This position ensures excellence in financial transaction management & tracking for the Integrated Marketing Communications team, including a.) transaction tracking & reconciliation, b.) payment approval, processing & compliance, and c.) monthly and annual accrual maintenance; maximizing the team’s spending efficiency, accuracy, timeliness, and compliance against internal financial controls, contributing to bottom line P&L management.
- TRANSACTION TRACKING & RECONCILIATION | Work with individual team members to understand project budgets and expected payments, incorporating into master tracker against total budget. Input all financial transactions with required, detailed, accurate descriptions into a master budget tracker. Track payment processing status against monthly General Ledger reports. Monitor actual payments, outstanding balances, and variances against budgeted dollars. Identify and resolve discrepancies between team tracker and official accounting reports. Requires strong attention to detail and basic accounting skills.
- PAYMENT APPROVAL, PROCESSING & COMPLIANCE | Collaborate with Marketing Procurement Manager/Buyer to secure necessary project/transaction approvals. Handle workflow of each and every financial transaction from receipt of estimate through payment; ensure correct approvals are obtained, create Purchase Requisitions, follow-through with the Purchase Order and Invoice payments etc. Comply with internal accounting requirements for Supply Relationship Management. Work with cross-functional Finance team to resolve issues. Requires highly accurate data entry, strong attention to detail & deadlines, high level of proficiency working with enterprise financial applications, specifically SAP.
3 ACCRUAL MAINTENANCE | Create entry sheets for approved Purchase Orders and ensure outstanding invoices are accounted in monthly expenses. Create a monthly report/tracker
- Bachelor of Science (Accounting, Mathematics or other quantitative disciplines)
- 2-3 years’ experience managing expenses
- Highly proven problem-solving skills with solid business judgment
- Highly organized and efficient
- Exceptional regard for accuracy & high-quality standards, attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills, verbal and written communications skills
- Strong ability to work in teams and build good working relationships, but also work independently
- Ability to navigate ambiguous situations
- Proficient in PC and MS Office (Microsoft Word; Advanced experience using Excel and PowerPoint, Outlook)
- High proficiency working with enterprise financial applications (i.e. Oracle), SAP preferred
- Adapting quickly to changes in internal financial processes