Barilla is an Italian family-owned food company. Established in 1877, it’s now an international Group present in more than 100 countries.
A world leader in the markets of pasta and ready–to–use sauces in continental Europe, bakery products in Italy and crispbread in Scandinavia, the Barilla Group is recognized worldwide as a symbol of Italian know–how.
“ Good for You, Good for the Planet ” is Barilla’s purpose and the only way each person in the Group works and of which is an ambassador. It means caring for the wellbeing of people and the planet in everything Barilla does, from the field to consumption; it also means promoting open and transparent working relationships in the communities Barilla is part of.
Introduction – Organizational Details:
Barilla America, Inc. wants to recruit a Brand Manager Food Service –Marketing – within Trade Marketing & Sales based in Northbrook, IL . The individual will report to Food Service Director – US
Job Purpose: The Brand Manager Foodservice -Marketing leads the marketing and innovation activities including communication, PR, experiential and customer activities for the Food Service and education channels while supporting and assisting the Director of Foodservice with internal reporting and oversight of the budget and in alignment with the Corporate branding guidelines.
Key Accountabilities :
- Create effective foodservice marketing programs.
- Develop key branding initiatives within key Foodservice Operators (College & University, K-12, management companies).
- Develop innovation in the Foodservice Channel.
- Manage and direct all Agency and PR duties as needed.
- Develop sales and communication tools.
- Develop and implement operator & distributor promotions.
- Act as lead on all packaging design, nutritional and changes.
- Coordinate and execute all foodservice trade shows.
- Coordinate and plan all industry events internal and external to Barilla
- Track and report all spending versus budgets and sales activity, and prepare monthly accruals and forecasts.
- Manage key customer maintenance and direct contact.
- Handle miscellaneous forecasting, sales lead follow-ups, samples, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
- Location: Northbrook Preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Management, Marketing or Business
- 5-7 years’ Foodservice Marketing experience within a CPG company
- Experience planning, coordinating and executing trade shows including set-up and tear-down
- Demonstrated ability to create and develop creative communication vehicles for the sales team
- Demonstrated ability to develop marketing programs to support foodservice sales strategies
- Proven ability to prepare and manage a budget
- Experience in setting direction and managing external vendors and consultants
- Strong attention to detail; strong organizational and management skills of cross-functional teams and internal reports
- Strong project management skills and ability to work on a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- Ability to travel domestically up to 40% of the time