Senior Software Developer
Senior Software Developer is responsible for managing back-end services and the interchange of data between the services and applications. The primary focus is the development of all server-side logic, definition, and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your co-workers into the application. Therefore, a basic understanding of front-end technologies is necessary as well.
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers
- Build efficient, testable, and reusable PHP & C# modules and interfaces
- Ensure that project adhere to agile software development methodology, including test driven approach
- Design, develop, and testing of web-based application
- Develop database schema changes to support new features
Skills and Qualifications
- Working knowledge of PHP/C# frameworks, Laravel experience is a must.
- Familiarity with limitations of PHP/C# as a platform and its workarounds
- Experience in more than 3 programming languages
- Understanding the fully synchronous behavior of PHP/C#
- Knowledge of object-oriented PHP/C# programming
- Understanding of MVC design patterns
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Familiarity with SQL databases and heir declarative query languages
- Familiarity of indexing technologies like ElasticSearch and/or SOLR.
- Basic experience in ETL or data integration tools. (like Pentaho)
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Proficient understanding of performance optimization tools such as New Relic
- Proven track record of MYSQL, Postgres, UI development
- Hands-on experience in developing REST API
- You must be eligible to work in the US. No sponsorship.
- Office location in Chicago Loop near Union Station, work can be partial work from home.