Summary: The Demand Planner position utilizes analytical, marketing, sales and purchasing knowledge to effectively plan future increases or decrease of product wholesale demands.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.Other duties may be assigned.
* Apply advanced mathematical (statistical) and forecasting principles as it applies to demand planning and its effects on inventory levels and purchasing
* Assemble and analyze all data pertinent to creating the sales forecast (historical sales, market trends, seasonality, promotions, and eventually tier 1 account POS and inventory levels)
* Manage inventory targets (including safety stock levels) that are approved by management.
* Evolving and maintaining documentation and standard operating procedures for demand planning processes and systems
* Conduct current and future forecasting analysis, insuring forecasting processes and methods are followed
* Make recommended adjustments to forecast and inventory targets based on changes in demand and market trends
* Prepare, report, and communicate forecast and inventory measurements to management (forecast accuracy, inventory plan vs. targets)
* Monitor SKU levels and recommend SKU rationalization initiatives in the future
Experience and Skills:
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university; or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Knowledge of turn rates, knowledge of key inventory performance metrics, turns, margin contributions, etc. Collaborative skills in resolving long and short positions in inventory. Experience in managing end of cycle and absolute inventory. Must demonstrate an understanding of advanced mathematical (statistical) and forecasting principles as it applies to demand planning and its effects on inventory levels and purchasing.
Certificates and Licenses:
APICS Certification in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) and or Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP) preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have excellent technical skills, proficient in the use of MS Office, Excel, Access, Outlook, MRP/forecasting system, i.e. Gains experience highly desirable or Logility/Demand Solutions beneficial.
Must have English as primary language of business. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Must posses the ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Join the 'Barco Family' and enjoy:
This organization participates in e-Verify.
As of 1/1/2018, we are still a zero tolerance drug-free workplace.
Job Type: Full-time