VP Risk - Pune
The role holder will be a member of the Asia Risk team within the Barclays Internal Audit (BIA). The BIA Asia Risk team is responsible for providing audit coverage for Asia BI risk management and global risk production for BI, as well as provide support to global risk management audits for risk activities right-shored to India.
The role holder, reporting to the Head of BIA Asia Risk, will be responsible for all aspects of the review and challenge of risk related controls, and delivery of an audit plan ensuring it is completed according to BIA methodology and achieves high quality standards. The role holder will be working collaboratively within BIA to develop strong client relationships which are independent and seen as a respected voice.
- Collaborate and support the Head of BIA Asia Risk to define the appropriate coverage strategy and audit plan for Asia BI risk management and global risk production for BI, taking into consideration the Audit Risk Appetite, the current and expected business environment, the regulatory requirements and the resourcing levels within the Function.
- Manage audit work to ensure that relevant risks and controls have been identified and appropriately assessed.
- Review and complete processes and documentation of scoping, risk & control identification, control evaluation and observations in BIA audit toolkit.
- Write high quality observations and audit reports (with input from the audit team).
- Manage audit teams (when assigned the responsibility) where on a day to day basis, working to ensure that audits progress as planned, as regards scope, budget and timetable.
- Continue to update awareness of risk issues and changes across relevant business units and use this knowledge to update audit approach where necessary.
- Provide complete, accurate and timely information for BIA reporting.
- Be a key extended member of the BIA Global Risk Management team to support coverage of risk activities right-shored to India.
- Proactively take on additional tasks as requested by the Head of BIA Asia Risk.
- Strong knowledge, proven working experience and exposure to global risk production processes, market, credit and operational risk management activities, Investment Banking and Corporate Banking products and processes either in the second or third line.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to communicate effectively to senior technical specialists (Risk Managers, Treasurers etc.) and senior non-technical individuals
- Strong understanding of the evolving regulatory environment (e.g. Capital Requirements Regulation, Basel I/II/III, Stress Testing / CCAR, IFRS 9) and its challenges
- Qualification in quantitative discipline (e.g. CFA, FRM, CA, CIA)
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Proven track record of senior stakeholder management
- Proven ability to deliver timely high quality analytical work in a relatively unsupervised environment
- Strong risk and control understanding, financial services experience and familiar with investment bank operations
- Displays willingness and initiative to learn and share knowledge
Where will you be working?
At Barclays, each day is about being more – as a professional, and as a person. ‘Be More @ Barclays’ represents our core promise to all current and future employees. It’s the characteristic that we want to be associated with as an employer, and at the heart of every employee experience. We empower our colleagues to Be More Globally Connected, working on international projects that improve the way millions of customers handle their finances. Be More Inspired by working alongside the most talented people in the industry, and delivering imaginative new solutions that are redefining the future of finance. Be More Impactful by having the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects, and Be More Valued for who you are.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us.
- Barclays recently announced the creation of a new world-class campus at Gera Commerzone located in Kharadi. All Pune based roles will eventually start to move to this new campus starting September 2019. In the run up to that, during the course of 2018, there may be transitory movements of some roles to other temporary sites. Please speak with your recruiter about the specific location plans for your role.