Overall purpose of role
The Team Product Owner works daily with the wider Product Owner Team, Development Teams and Agile Team Leads throughout the development life cycle. The Team Product Owner is the primary product specialist for the Development Team, participates actively in all phases of the Iteration / Release and is a key stakeholder in Product related decisions. The Team Product Owner possesses in-depth knowledge of the vision, goals and desired outcomes for the product. The Team Product Owner is product and technology focused and works to drive value as a function of cost, time, functionality and quality. The Team Product Owner role is empowered to make determination on the Product Backlog Items (PBIs) without explicit authorisation from wider Product Owner Team. The Team Product Owner works directly with the Development Team to write, clarify and accept Product Backlog Items (PBIs). The Team Product Owner informs the Product Vision, Product Road-Map and Product Backlog prioritisation with the Product Owner Team.
Product Vision, Road-map, Prioritization and Commercials (10%)
- Work with the Product Owner Teamto create, evolve and communicate the overall Product Vision and road-map based on market context and company strategy.
- Work with key Stakeholders to understand key Customer problems that need to be answered and engage the wider Product Owner Teamand Development Team to address these opportunities.
- Continuously engage the customer and stakeholders to ensure the teams are building the right product.
Delivery and Clarification (70%)
- Work closely with business stakeholders and project managers to understand short and medium term priorities and gather business requirements which contributes to the product backlog
- Support ongoing, just-in-time Product Backlog Refinement (PBR) with the wider Product Owner Teamand Development Team.
- Work closely with the Development Team to clarify the details of PBIs.
- Prioritize requirements for development team and conduct planning, review and retrospective meetings
- Understand and communicate the business benefits of each PBI.
- Review and accept completed PBIs with a focus on product quality and value delivery.
- Work with the Product Owner Team, Development Teamsand stakeholders to inspect and adapt the Product Increment.
Stakeholder Management and Leadership
Communication and Facilitation (20%)
- Ensure the team fully understands the overall Product Vision.
- Engage with and manage stakeholders.
- Assist with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information.
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent
- 3+ years financial services experience
- 3+ years of experience working on large finance/technology projects
- 1+ years of experience with Treasury or Liquidity Risk Management
Desirable skills/Preferred Qualifications:
- Excellent communication skills
- Comfortable communicating to senior management
- Knowledge and experience of AGILE project methodology
- Experience of using Agile Central
- Experience with reporting tools like Qlik sense, Qlikview, Business objects is a plus
- Experience dealing with and scrutinize large amount of financial data
Job Type: Full-time
- SQL Reporting: 3 years (Required)
- Liquid Risk Management: 1 year (Required)