The General Manager is responsible for the smooth and successful operation of all aspects of the restaurant according to the policies, procedures, goals and mission of the company. The position reports directly to the Executive Team. To ensure sustainable long-term profitability you will partner with the Chef to guarantee front of house operations are aligned with the back of house program. You will inspire and maintain team morale, employment standards, a positive guest experience, and sustain a clean restaurant inside and out. You are fully accountable for all the systems, people and standards within the restaurant by building your team, coaching for success and developing your staff. Your passion for this restaurant should be brought to life through the food, drink and guest experience. The schedule for this role will mainly be in the evenings and on weekends in order to facilitate direct supervision on the FOH staff during the busiest customer periods.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Interviewing, hiring, coaching/discipline & firing of FOH staff ensuring they will provide a positive customer experience.
- Documentation of standard operating procedures and ensuring staff are trained and compliant.
- Documentation and compliance of required staff certification including food handlers and smart serve.
- Scheduling to ensure staffing meets customer demands. Approval of time sheets and vacation requests.
- Identify areas of opportunity along with proposed solutions for building and equipment maintenance/repair to provide a welcoming and functional environment.
- Oversee all Health Code and Workplace safety activities
- Manage large customer reservations or group events to ensure the best overall experience.
- Administrative ordering of regular reoccurring items including but not limited to Staples, LCBO, paper supplies.
- POS management including Moneris, Silverware or Pixel Point
- Activities requiring weekly trend and issue identification, review and action plans with reporting to Executive team in a weekly management meeting.
- Labour Cost Ratios
- Discount Reviews
- Inventory and Waste Processes
- Customer Reviews and Complaints
- Create and deliver Communication plan for staff or areas of responsibility.
- 5+ years restaurant industry experience
- 2+ years restaurant manager experience
- The general manager must be skilled in handling stressful working conditions, be an excellent multitasker, and be able to deal with frequent interruptions calmly and decisively.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Problem solving and solution creating skills to solve old and new challenges
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Capable of tracking, assessing and managing restaurant metrics
- Capable of conducting and assessing restaurant inventory
- Willing to work a flexible schedule (mainly evenings and weekends)
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $55,000.00 /year
- Restaurant Management: 2 years (Required)
- restaurant industry: 5 years (Required)