Banyan Water is an industry leading smart water management company. Our mission is to deliver water technology solutions that will affect and inspire change in the global environment and economy. We are private equity backed and ready for growth. Our customer base includes Fortune 500 and leading real estate companies.
Banyan Water has an immediate opening for an Enterprise Sales Manager in Austin, TX or San Francisco, CA.. This position is critical to the success of our early-stage start-up and we are seeking a true leader who is innovative, tenacious, and passionate about achieving results in this space. A successful candidate will have a demonstrated track record of sales "hunting" success with large, national and regional commercial and institutional customers. The overall goal of the Enterprise Sales Manager is to develop senior level relationships with enterprise-customers and close new business that incorporates the sale of Banyan Water's entire suite of water management applications and services. Day-to-day responsibilities include managing the entire sales opportunity cycle, from cold calling to negotiating and closing new business with new accounts.
This role requires a confident and professional self-starter, a good listener, someone who is comfortable interfacing with senior-level leadership, and is aggressive in finding and closing business. Proven success navigating complex sales and generating proposals in a start-up environment is critical.
- Prospecting and converting leads into profitable business relationships
- Analyzing customer water data to understand a company's water management needs
- Preparing and presenting financial and sales proposals and presentations offering water management solutions to current and prospective customers
- Negotiating and closing contracts with enterprise customers
- Advising Banyan's product and marketing team on ways to continuously improve product offerings and go to market strategies
- Minimum of B.A. or B.S. undergraduate degree required
- At least 5 years of outside sales experience
- At least 3 years of B2B sales experience
- Experience with closing sales of water or energy solutions, water or energy software, or utility management services in the commercial, or institutional markets.
- Ability to develop strong customer relationships
- A proven track record of meeting and exceeding sales quotas
- An inherent hunter mentality and lead generation expertise as well as the ability to quickly identify and qualify sales opportunities to build and maintain a pipeline for new business
- Ability to illustrate ROI to C level decision makers, as well as interacting with facilities managers and engineers
- Experience working in an early phase start-up
- Experience in field sales for software, energy supplier, an energy technology provider, an engineering consulting firm, or an unregulated division or subsidiary of a utility.
- An established network of target market contacts
- Previous experience selling into large commercial real estate or institutional end users
- Experience within the utility space, such as energy supply, procurement, energy software, water software, utility billing, or electrical hardware
Job Type: Full-time
- Sales Management: 3 years (Required)