Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinates the review and readiness of grant and contract proposals for timely submission to sponsor, including verification and completeness of budgets and justifications, institutional assurances and certifications, and other required information.
- Ability to interpret, communicate and apply financial, programmatic, regulatory and administrative guidelines of funding opportunity announcements.
- Serves as primary liaison between principal investigators and external sponsors during proposal submission and contract negotiation.
- Establishes and maintains grant project award profile in PS Grants Module through grant closeout.
- Reviews and monitors compliance with contractual award terms, government guidelines, and institutional policies and procedures.
- Monitors grant related expenses and budgets.
- Complies with revenue recognition accounting policies and procedures.
- Collaborates with BHS leadership in the development and issuance of contractual arrangements supported by external funding sources.
- Serves as primary liaison between principal investigators and external sponsors for the management of related post-award matters.
- Respond to inquiries from funding agencies.
- Assists in Banyan grant training and development programs.
- Establish and maintain an inventory of all contracts, grants and other funding along with applicable amendments.
- Monitor grant closing procedures where applicable.
- Prepares journal entries; budget adjustments and any related analysis of budget vs. actual results; reconciles and analyzes general ledger accounts; prepares requests for sponsor reimbursement/billing and maintains and monitors accounts receivable.
- Prepares financial reports in connection with UG and/or grant requirements.
- Analyze and review expenditures of funds to ensure compliance.
- Establishes billing calendar and coordinates dates with month end or other accounting or financial reporting requirements.
- Assist in implementation of new accounting standards.
- Prepares and/or coordinates the timely submission of various regulatory and sponsor reports, including interim and final financial status reports, progress/technical reports and others as applicable.
- Assists in preparation of BHS' federal grant audit, and other tax and cost reports or surveys.
- Prepares a monthly schedule of expenditure of federal expenditures of federal state and local awards in accordance with UG standards and the Florida single audit act where applicable.
- Regulatory Compliance:
- Monitors and tracks contracts amendments and/or renewals into the grant cycle.
- Directs and monitors contract compliance in accordance with UG standards and any applicable government compliance standards.
- Oversees compliance with institutional policy and procedures, and the requirements of regulatory agencies and sponsors, including financial conflict of interest, federal effort reporting, debarment and suspension, human research protection (IRB), federal equipment management, and procurement standards.
- Monitors, reports and enhances user experience through partnership with the agency's key stakeholders and clinical operations.
- Works with the Revenue Cycle Manager to provide accounting, operational, and analytical support.
- Prepares and monitors BHS' Spend Down Report (SDR) which includes the following: update funding and rates per contracts and/or amendments, update eligible units per validation reports where applicable, make recommendations on service utilization, review incidentals spending to ensure effective use of the funds, and review match funds to ensure they are in compliance with contract terms and are being reported on a timely basis.
- Works with BHS Leadership to monitor production service levels are met effectively and efficiently.
- Collaborate with contract agencies and directors to maximize monthly reimbursement of any expenses incurred.
- Document issues with resolutions and share with team members to improve team productivity.
- Knowledge transfer with other team members to improve overall team education level.
- Adherence to the defined standards.
- Provide accurate and timely information and escalates when there are issues. Actively participate in meetings and make valuable contribution. All other duties as assigned.
- Develop and implement accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures and recommending changes.
- Answer accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications and maintaining personal networks.
- Create and maintain policy and procedures for all areas of job responsibilities.
- Assist with special projects as requested by the Revenue Cycle Manager, Director, Corporate Controller, or CFO.
- Regularly meet with Revenue Cycle Manager and Director, Corporate Controller to discuss and resolve issues or challenges.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Director, Corporate Controller, and BHS Leadership team.
Education, Experience, and Skills Required
- Bachelors Business Administration majoring in Accounting from an AACSB accredited University is preferred. Master's degree/CPA preferred.
- Some experience in sponsored project award management such as but not limited to billing & collections and rules & regulations related to sponsored programs (i.e. UG, governmental cost accounting practices, and principles) preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience working as an accountant in a corporate environment supporting the daily operations of the Finance and Accounting department to include monthly and yearly close processes.
- Strong background in financial management and knowledge of grant rules and regulations.
- Experience with complex financial systems and office software.
- Ability to think critically and problem-solve. Some local travel may be necessary.
- Conscientious and timeliness of assignments and quality of work product. Accountable for specific performance.
- Possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including ability to articulate recommendations in a concise and timely manner
- MS Dynamics GP, Dynamics 365, Workday or other ERP systems, Power BI, MS Office 365, Sharepoint, MS SQL, Credible or other EHR systems, exceptional computer skills in the operation and functioning of MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access.
Job Type: Full-time
- Excel: 1 year (Required)
- Accounting: 1 year (Preferred)
- English (Required)
- Spanish (Preferred)