Banyan is a not-for-profit organization that has provided quality services to the youth justice, children, and senior's community support sectors since 1978. Banyan is committed to improving the mental, physical, and social well-being of at risk populations in our service areas of Hamilton, Niagara, Brant, Haldimand, Norfolk, and Wellington.
Reporting to the Director of Corporate Services, and in accordance with Banyan Policy, Practice & Procedure Manual, the IT Systems Administrator will be responsible for the IT Management Plan that supports the IT infrastructure and requirements of Banyan. The IT Systems Administrator acts as a technical and consulting resource for routine and moderately complex IT issues related to various programs and departments. As well, this position is responsible recommending and launching an organization wide client information system.
- Responsible for the overall management of the day-to-day operations, including problem resolution, providing end user support and directing the work of outside contractors.
- Administrator of Banyan's local area network, directing the network and its related computing environment, including hardware, systems software, applications software and all other computer related configurations.
- Responsible for planning, evaluating, implementing and maintaining a software that will standardize data collection and reporting across all programs.
- Supports all programs and departments by acting in a functional capacity to provide knowledge of business functions and requirements.
- Training and coaching stakeholder teams to solicit and document monitoring and testing requirements, identify business process issues and risks, and investigate and recommend solutions.
- Provide technical advice on network and system applications.
- Installing and maintaining computer hardware, software and networks.
- Manage website and report using Google Analytics.
- Maintain inventory of all computer equipment and software.
- University Degree or College Diploma in Computer Science, Information Technology or related discipline.
- Minimum of five (5) years' experience in managing IT services for medium sized organizations including systems analysis, network maintenance,
- Advanced working knowledge of database management system software.
- Experience in researching, defining, documenting, and implementing technical solutions for Client Information Systems and change requests through application customizations and enhancements while adhering to industry and business best practices.
- Experience developing and delivering training sessions to staff.
- Project management experience an asset.
- Expertise related to website administration and knowledge of various social media resources.
- Experience with producing and analyzing a variety of CIS and HRIS reports.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work independently on on-going assignments.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills with a proven track record in building and maintaining cross-functional relationships.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Provide and maintain an acceptable Criminal/Vulnerable Sector Record.
Banyan is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Banyan is strongly committed to fostering diversity within our community. We welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of our staff.
We are committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to an employment opportunity, please advise our hiring manager of the accommodation measures if required which would enable you to be interviewed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
PLEASE FORWARD YOUR RESUME AND COVER LETTER BY NO LATER THAN APRIL 22, 2018 TO:
Banyan Community Services
688 Queensdale Avenue East, Suite 2B
Hamilton, ON L8V 1M1
(905) 549-9011 (fax)
Job Type: Contract
- system administration: 5 years (Preferred)