B-028-IST-Nov19-T Department: Information Systems and Technology
2019-12-13 Mississauga (Ontario)
Hatch and Bantrel have formed the Hatch Bantrel Joint Venture (HBJV) to execute engineering and construction on the Jansen Potash Mine Project in Saskatchewan. After successfully completing the Definition Phase Study for the project, the HBJV is currently carrying out the Detailed Engineering Phase for the Processing, Non-Process Infrastructure (NPI) and Mining Areas of the 4.5 Mtpa Stage 1 Potash Mine. With a published TIC of US $5.3-5.7 Billion this will represent one of the largest projects and private investments in Canada. The HBJV will use a hybrid of best-in-class new developing technologies and systems as well as the proven HBJV suite of tools to execute this exciting project.
The HBJV has an exciting opportunity for a Power BI Developer. The Power BI Developer is responsible developing and improving our existing Business Intelligence platform, from data structures, digital dashboards, to BI reports. This role requires proven experience with Microsoft’s Business Intelligence toolset, and BI development lifecycles. In addition to developing, testing, deploying and maintaining of new BI reports and digital dashboards, both internal and external. We are looking for an individual who excels in agile, collaborative, dynamic and fast-paced project environments.
- Please note this position is not eligible for a relocation subsidy or living out allowance.
- Design and develop BI dashboards and reports based on business requirements
- Implement, maintain and support BI solutions in Microsoft and other BI platforms
- Work within an agile development team of developers and analysts and business stakeholders. Complete committed backlog and sprints within the agreed upon timeframe
- Read data from multiple data sources and transform, enrich and aggregate data for an efficient presentation in an enterprise environment
- Provide input into the architecture, design and implementation of a business intelligence solution
- Recommend improvements to streamline processes regarding data flow and data quality to improve data accuracy, usability and value
- Remain abreast of technology developments within fields relevant to current and future BI and Reporting initiatives
- Write report specs to document “As Built’ reports deployed to production
- Perform system testing of developed reports. Help with regress testing of reports during upgrades.
- 3-5 years of experience in data analysis developing business intelligence and reporting in a medium to large size corporate environment demonstrating detailed knowledge of BI functions such as analytics, data modeling & data mining, reporting, report conversion and data cleansing.
- Exposure to multidimensional databases (cubes), dashboards, scoreboards, SharePoint Online and Agile Development methodologies.
- Strong knowledge and experience in analyzing as well as designing data models that meet the reporting needs
- Experience in writing SQL relational and multidimensional database queries and slicing and dicing data models
- Experience with Microsoft BI Stack (SSRS, SSIS, SSAS) and other BI stack of technologies
- Ability to prototype and conceptualize the solution through visualization of data based on business requirements, using tools such as Microsoft PowerBI, Excel Power view, or other
- Internally motivated and adaptable, able to work proficiently both independently and in a team environment.
- Excellent listening skills and attention to detail and accuracy with demonstrated strong logical and technical problem-solving skills
- Able to troubleshoot BI reporting and analytic business needs and provide solutions for issue resolution
- Experience designing and developing dashboards and KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) using Power BI, MS SSRS, Cognos.
- Experience in the following technologies required:
- MS Power BI, SSRS, MS SQL Server, Excel Macros
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume and cover letter, in MS Word format, to email@example.com mentioning reference code B-028-IST-Nov19-T in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for further review will be contacted. All other resumes will be retained for future consideration.