B-024-PIP2-Dec19-C Department: Engineering
2020-01-19 Calgary (Alberta)
Hatch and Bantrel have formed the Hatch Bantrel Joint Venture (HBJV) to execute engineering and construction on the Jansen Potash Mine Project in Saskatchewan. After successfully completing the Definition Phase Study for the project, the HBJV is currently carrying out the Detailed Engineering Phase for the Processing, Non-Process Infrastructure (NPI) and Mining Areas of the 4.5 Mtpa Stage 1 Potash Mine. With a published TIC of US $5.3-5.7 Billion this will represent one of the largest projects and private investments in Canada. The HBJV will use a hybrid of best-in-class new developing technologies and systems as well as the proven HBJV suite of tools to execute this exciting project.
The HBJV has an exciting opportunity for Junior, Intermediate, and Senior Piping Designers to assist with the development of the plan to meet the project requirements for piping 3D and 2D deliverables. This position will be based out of Calgary, Alberta.
- Please note this position is not eligible for a relocation subsidy or living out allowance.
Jansen Specific Requirements:
- Potash or Mineral Processing Experience, includes Oil Sands Mining
- Designing slurry systems
- Experience with Plastic (FRP and HDPE) and Lined Material (Basalt and Ceramic lining)
- Strong personal commitment to Safety and Quality.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the project requirements as they relate to scope, execution strategy, cost and schedule with the Lead Piping Engineer
- In conjunction with engineering staff, prepare design concepts for internal and client reviews
- Review the piping work packages with the Lead Piping Engineer associated with all deliverables and time based functions to ensure that budgets and schedules are being met and take corrective action if necessary
- Review and approve piping technical deliverables
- Manage piping design system requirements to achieve the project results and monitor effectiveness
- Represent the piping practice in design reviews
- Ensure coordination between the piping team and other disciplines of all design activities being performed as the design evolves
- Ensure that quality audits of design work are carried out in accordance with project procedures and maintain technical documentation
- Participate in the selection and ongoing assessment of project piping candidates
- Assist in the resolution of piping design issues during project lifecycle, including planning phase, design, procurement, fabrication, construction and commissioning
- Promote and maintain the application of ethical and professional practices in the execution of piping work
- Layout complex plant and piping systems using 3D modeling design tools
- Manage clash detection of piping models and other disciplines models and coordinate actions and closeout
- Ensure all drawings, 2D extractions and piping deliverables are checked to comply with Hatch standards
- Perform design for piping/mechanical plant models using project specifications/procedures and applying industry best practice
- Manage completion of piping Material Take Offs (MTOs)
- Train and mentor junior and intermediate designers and provide guidance on standards and quality requirements
- Assist in the preparation and development of project specific procedures
- Manage completion of piping support design including special pipe supports with piping stress analyst input.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Highly skilled in the use of SP3D and ancillary software with some experience in the use of the Bentley / MicroStation suite of 3D CAD tools.
- At least 3 years' experience in piping design on Potash, Mineral Processing, or Oil Sands Mining facilities.
- Sound design and modeling skills for plant layout, piping design and detailing
- Thorough knowledge of piping components and materials
- Sound knowledge of industry or regulatory standards and codes as required for piping design
- Experience with isometric production control and monitoring
- Experience with SpoolGen software
- Experience with multidisciplinary coordination
- Proficient in the use of 2D and 3D CAD systems
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Sound knowledge of design systems and workflows as they relate to the piping discipline
- Thorough understanding of PFDs and P&IDs
- Strong ability to delegate tasks and promote the effective performance of team members.
- Experience within a large project, multidisciplinary EPCM environment
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume and cover letter, in MS Word format, to email@example.com mentioning reference code B-024-PIP2-Dec19-C in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for further review will be contacted. All other resumes will be retained for future consideration.