B-020-DMG-Dec19-C Department: Engineering
2020-01-18 Calgary (Alberta)
Bantrel has an exciting opportunity for a Document Management Technician to support the team in Calgary. The Document Management Technician is responsible for the control of project documents and data by ensuring all documents adhere to project processes, procedures, and client standards. The Document Management Technician provides support to the engineering disciplines through the provision of:
- Document and Records Control and Distribution
- Quality control
- Hard Copy File Management
- Document and Equipment Number Support
- Squad Check Coordination (as required by Project)
- Key Performance Indicator reports
- Records Turnover and Archiving Coordination
- Process engineering documents, drawings and project deliverables in accordance with established client / corporate instructions, procedures, requirements and guidelines.
- Identifies the product / package / document and assesses current priorities.
- Performs quality checks to ensure each document conforms to Bantrel and/or Client standards prior to processing.
- Responsible for maintaining electronic and hardcopy filing system including data entry of records in Bantrel’s and/or client EDMS.
- Identify and explain specific procedure(s) to clarify non-conformances to standards/procedures to implement corrective action.
- Collects and assembles packages for Work Packages, Material Requisitions (MR) or Supplier Packages.
- Demonstrates problem solving abilities and methods.
- Monitors / plans work priorities.
- Other activities as directed by the Document Management Supervisor and/or Principal Lead.
- Communicate clearly, both verbal and written.
- Explains technical and other issues clearly to various audiences.
- Willingness to learn / apply new skills.
- Understands, applies and shares document management related corporate instructions and procedures.
- Conduct and participate in meetings effectively
- Minimum education - Grade 12
- Demonstrated ability for attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a changing environment (shifting deadlines, priorities, processes).
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills.
- Minimum 4 years experience in an EPC environment or equivalent professional experience.
- Proficient in Electronic Document Management Systems (EDMS) and DMG work processes.
- Familiar with various types of engineering documents, such as engineering drawings, engineering work packages, isometrics, and Process and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID).
- Must have thorough knowledge of document management work processes.
- Demonstrated ability to make decisions.
- May, as project requirements warrant, be utilized in a coordination or limited supervisory capacity
- Experience with Aconex is an asset
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume and cover letter, in MS Word format, to email@example.com mentioning reference code B-020-DMG-Dec19-C in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for further review will be contacted. All other resumes will be retained for future consideration.