We are looking for a personable and well-presented person to assist with the everyday running of the venue, 600 seats, Three Ballrooms, as well as co-coordinating and planning events, and supporting other projects within the team where applicable.
The successful applicant should have a passion for weddings, a keen eye for detail and be eager to learn and progress in this industry.
Commitment and enthusiasm are essential, and experience in the weddings and event industry is essential.
- The prime function of this role is to grow business profitably both re-actively and proactively and to retain and develop our existing database of clients maximizing profits.
- To ensure high quality service, on time and to budget by managing client delivery projects to enable us to fulfill our contracted promises to clients consistently which leads to successful account management.
- To act as an ambassador for the Venue ensuring that a positive brand image is strengthened and maintained in all interactions with customers.
Person Specification - Qualifications / Knowledge / Experience and Skills:
- Highly professional and committed to the wedding industry
- Valid drivers license
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office , Outlook, Google Drive, GMail and Pipedrive
- Previous experience of running events; in particular private events such as weddings
- Previous experience in event sales and putting detailed proposals together
- Good understanding of different wedding cultures
- Availability to work late nights and some weekends
- Excellent telephone and message taking etiquette
- Focused on delivering a high level of customer/ client service
- Confident and professional approach when dealing with clients and event suppliers
- Able to work under pressure and multi task particularly during the peak seasons
- Maintain Financial records such as final Billing
- Excellent time management and interpersonal skills
General Responsibilities & Duties:
- Prepare and send contracts within 24 hours, after Sales Manager closes a sales
- Schedule follow-ups in system on all contracts within 7 business days
- Compose related letters, reports, desk top publishing and spreadsheets, as required, for any venue department
- Prepare invoices for deposits, full payment and outstanding payment owing
- Schedule follow-ups in system on all invoices due and overdue
- Assist Managing Director in developing and internal printing of menus
- Prepare sales kits on a weekly basis
- Preparing the Appointment Table for all sales appointments
- Update event reader boards
- Weekly monitoring of all email accounts, distributing to proper department
- Weekly mail-out of thank you notes to all clients on behalf of the venue team
- Working closely with Marketing Manager re: the sales/marketing calendar and implementation of Client Programs
- Assist Managing Director with administration support not limited to preparing, sorting, organizing, and distributing correspondences, reports, invoices, daily couriers, and mail
- Coordinating logistics via Function Sheets and Banquet Event Orders
- Take part in Weekly F&B Meeting; going through all upcoming events via the Function Sheets & BEO's
- Assist in coordinating day-of events which may take place weekdays and/or weekends
- Conduct site tours if necessary; at which point the client is then passed on to a Sales Manager for proposal stage/pricing
- Help maintain department schedule, arrange meetings and take minutes, and provide reminders to all departments
- Work closely with the Sales/Marketing Team to assist with planning and organizing internal and external events
- Maintain inventory and order supplies by anticipating and forecasting department needs
- Minimum 3yrs experience working with high volume Weddings and Sales.
- Experience is definitely an asset in the hospitality industry.
Job Type: Full-time / Compensation $40 to $60K dependent on experience
- Sales/Hospitality/Coordination: 3 year (Required)
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year
- Event Coordination: 3 years (Required)