Who We are Looking For
Team Banneker continues to grow and we have an immediate full time open position for a Staff Accountant reporting to the Senior Manager of Finance & Administration at our North Smithfield, RI headquarters. As a key contributor to the success of our Finance Team, our ideal candidate is motivated and passionate about bringing their ideas and experience into the role to help us do old things better with technology. An individual who takes an ethical, honest approach to every task or project, is naturally uncomfortable with inefficiencies and unwilling to accept the status quo and always ready to jump in where needed.
Can you answer a resounding YES! to each of these questions?
- Do you take initiative to create opportunities for yourself?
- Can you find a workable balance between a sense of urgency and quality work?
- Are you seeking an innovative environment with advanced technology?
- Do you possess a natural curiosity with a burning need to get to the bottom of complex problems and number discrepancies?
- Are you the type of person with unparalleled accuracy, efficiency and organization?
If so, we've been looking for you!
The Job Opportunity:
The Staff Accountant is responsible for and will spend the majority of their time focusing on Accounting Activities (65%) such as preparing and posting accurate journal entries, analyzing and reconciling bank and GL accounts, month/year end closing activities, Accounts Receivable management including collections and general ledger maintenance. The Staff Accountant is also responsible for Payroll Administration (25%), performing the timely and accurate processing, maintenance and reporting of weekly payroll data. Additionally, the Staff Accountant will be hold a critical part of Customer Invoice generation (10%) for all products and services and discrepancy resolution related to product sales.
What Type of Background & Experience Should You Have
- 4-year College Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field OR 3 years working experience in General Accounting Activities, Payroll Administration, Accounts Receivable, and Customer Invoicing; experience in completing complex account reconciliations.
- Experience working in companies with revenues > $10 Million, ideally with clients in the high-end aerospace, defense, industrial manufacturing, commercial distributors, or similar highly desired.
- Relevant experience and working knowledge of ERP Systems (preferably Microsoft Dynamics NAV ERP 2013+, 2016 highly desirable), payroll administration and associated technology.
Who We Are
Since 1991, Team Banneker has been a leading provider of end-to-end supply chain management and integrated third-party logistics solutions to a wide range of Fortune 100 companies in multiple industries. We have four core lines of businesses that we use to support our clients - Supply Chain Management Solutions, Integrated Third-Party Logistics Solutions, Consulting, and Business Process Outsourcing/Managed Services. Headquartered in Rhode Island, we have multiple operations in New England, the Southeast, and on the West Coast.
As an African-American owned company and equal opportunity employer, Banneker is committed to equal employment opportunities for all. We do not discriminate or tolerate harassment against our Team Members or job applicants for a person's race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, or sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran, or family/parental status. This intentional policy applies not only to job applicants, but to all our employment practices including compensation, and promotion decisions. All employment decisions at Banneker are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, period.
Why We Are Different
Consistently voted one of the "Best Places to Work in Rhode Island" by Providence Business News, we are driven by five key values that guide our decisions each and every day. These values along with a Team-based culture of accountability that allow us to love what we do every day and be successful as individuals and together as a company.
- Our Team: Our Team members are our most important asset. We do not hire, but rather we invest in talented, team-focused individuals who emulate and perpetuate our core values and reinvest their talents into our company and customers. We operate with a spirit of thankfulness, appreciation, and recognition for individual and collective accomplishments of all sizes. We foster a healthy workplace where the mental and physical health of our Team Members are one of our top priorities.
- Quality First: Quality is paramount to our organization and flows through every vein within our company. Whether our products and services are supporting a war-fighter out in the field, a manufacturing center, or a consumer in their home, our clients demand and deserve the highest level of quality possible. Our razor focus on quality distinguishes us from our competitors and allows us to enjoy repeat business and enduring customer relationships. Our commitment to quality is personal and we take pride in the excellence of everything we do.
- Customer Success: There are two sets of customers, internal and external. We go above and beyond to treat our internal customers (our Team Members) with the same respect, responsiveness, courtesy, attention, and effort that we extend to our external customers. They are extensions of the Banneker team and are vital to our success - their problems are our problems; their achievements are our achievements. There is no us or them, but only we.
- Continual Improvement: We are passionate about the ongoing effort to improve our products, our services, our processes, our company, and ourselves. Whether gradual improvements over time or breakthrough improvements all at once, we remain in a constant state of evaluation and advancement to be more efficient, effective, and flexible and deliver on our promises to our customers. All of our Team Members are encouraged, empowered, and responsible as change agents to bring forward ideas for change and proactively act on those ideas.
- Integrity: At Banneker, we do what we say and say what we do. We are intentional and consistent in our actions, values, methods, measures, principles, expectations, and outcomes. We are honest, truthful, and accurate in our individual and collective actions. Regardless of the situation or environment, our integrity remains the guiding light for every decision we make.
While at work we maintain an open door office atmosphere and business casual dress policy. But don't let our dress code and relaxed culture fool you as you will be working alongside a team who is very determined, focused and committed to being successful, meeting high customer performance expectations, and winning. To be successful at Banneker you need to bring your A-game each and every day. However, talent isn't everything and the right attitude speaks volumes. Work-Life balance is also important to us. While "on the clock" we want you to work extremely hard while delivering results and ultimately exceeding expectations, but at the same time never forgetting to take time for yourself and the other important things in your life that are vital to your individual growth and success.
Your well-being and the well-being of your family are also important to us - so important that we invest significantly into your personal health coverage. We're also committed to your personal development and ensuring that we're equipping you with the tools that you need to do your job and develop a career. As such, we provide for training in a many areas including six-sigma and ISO quality management systems.
We offer the competitive pay and the benefits commonly associated with large corporation, but with the culture, fun, intimacy, and comradery of a start-up. Our Comprehensive Benefits Plan includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Section 125 Plan, Temporary & Long-Term Disability Insurance, 401k Retirement, Tuition Assistance Program, Employee Assistance Program, and competitive Paid Time-Off (PTO). Our medical plan is more than insurance coverage. We have developed a wellness and care management program designed to raise awareness of lifestyle decisions and health by providing information needed to make well-informed decisions. Our Team Members can create personalized health improvement plans that help activate and encourage a healthy lifestyle. There are also 24-hour help lines giving Team members access to nurses and master's level counselors.