Banko Overhead Doors, a leading garage door company, is seeking an experienced accounts receivable clerk to handle daily receipt of payment for good and services.
The Accounting Clerk position is responsible for accurate processing of customer payments, researching and resolving discrepancies, maintaining deposit records daily and processing payments to vendors. In a team-oriented environment, the Accounting Clerk will use service documents and communicate with team members to ensure all costs are accounted for and accurate billing amounts are invoiced. This role is ideal for a detail oriented self-starter, with solid organizational ability and strong math and computer skills.
- Perform daily check deposits, credit card deposits, and customer account updates as needed
- Prepare weekly aging report
- Analysis of revenue, Accounts Receivable, un-applied cash, etc.
- Follow up with customers on outstanding invoices to ensure issue resolution
- Process vendor invoices to ensure timely payment is made an discounts are received
- Resolve account issues in a timely manner by communicating effectively with clients, the Sales Team, and the Customer Service team.
- Prepare documentation for approval and entering credit memos.
- Special projects as assigned
- Associates Degree in accounting or
- 3-5 years of experience in accounts receivable
Skills, Specialized Knowledge and Abilities:
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite
- Demonstrates solid critical thinking, analysis, and attention to detail
- Relationship builder with a positive attitude
- Strong initiative with ability to seek out relevant information prior to making timely decisions.
- Minimum typing speed of 50 WPM
- Must be energetic, a team player, and willing to help others when needed.
- Highly motivated and results oriented
- Strong organizational skills
Job Type: Full-time
- collections: 1 year (Preferred)
- accounts receivable: 3 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off