The Director of Human Resources is responsible for developing, leading and executing the Human Resources strategy in support of the overall business plan and strategic direction of the organization, including all human resources functions, compensation and benefits, employee engagement, training, performance management, recruiting and onboarding.
This position requires a blend of strategy, tactics, and execution together with the ability to work within all levels of the company. In addition, this role will develop and implement the company's human resources business plan by establishing accountability, focus on employee engagement and professional growth, and fostering a diverse workplace that enables all employees to contribute to the organization at their full potential.
The Director of Human Resources will initially supervise a team of HR professionals, including a Human Resources Officer and Training Officer ensuring that strategy plans are developed and executed.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Develops and manages the day‐to‐day operations of Human Resources through a strategic plan that includes, General HR Administration, Employee Engagement, Benefits, New Employee On‐boarding, Ongoing Recruiting Programs, Employee Training and Career Path Development, Internship Programs, and the Performance Process.
- Manages the day‐to‐day oversight of all Human Resources functions while maintaining employee discretion and practicing a high level of confidentiality.
- Facilitates a culture that values our people and successfully drives employee engagement.
- Owns the recruiting and hiring process, including requisition process, applicant screening, interview scheduling, background and reference verifications, and employment offer process. Developing a bench of candidates in all markets.
- Coordinates all benefit programs and leads the selection of benefit providers and accompanying due diligence. Responsible for delivering new benefit information, including open enrollment information to all employees.
- Reviews, investigates, evaluates and resolves employee relations issues. Provides recommendations to effectively resolve issues and uses judgment that is consistent with the bank's standards, policies, practices or with regulations and laws.
- Partners with accounting to maintain employee data in the Human Resources information system/payroll system and benefit spreadsheets.
- Manages the performance improvement process and works with management to ensure all quarterly conversations and annual assessments are conducted according to company standards.
- Redefines and implements the employee on-boarding experience.
- Works in partnership with the training officer to develop and implement a learning and development environment.
- Become a company brand ambassador, embracing the company's core values, short and long-term vision and culture.
- Participate in the company's Customer Experience and Employee Engagement initiatives.
- Maintains various records, reports and logs. May compile procedural documents and reports from various databases, including employee statistics and EEO tracking as needed.
- Ensures all human resources related functions adhere to all related compliance requirements.
Required Skills and Experience
- Strong HR functional expertise in HR systems and processes, employee lifecycle,recruitment and retention, compensation and benefit design and administration, performance management, and career development.
- Extensive knowledge of HR products/solutions and awareness of HR strategy around talent identification, attraction, engagement, retention.
- In‐depth knowledge of federal, state and local labor and employment laws.
- Ability to act objectively while coaching colleagues and management through issues that are complex, difficult, or emotional in nature.
- Excellent project management, communication and presentation skills and the ability to drive company‐wide initiatives across multiple locations.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years direct related experience in HR, including 3+ years leading a team. Banking experience preferred but is not required.
- Specialized training in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, organization development, and employee relations is a plus.
- Experience with ADP or similar platforms.