Job Title: Credit Analyst
Job Location: Toronto, ON
Application Deadline: January 8, 2020
- Understand the corporate banking business and assist corporate banking department members to structure banking facilities according to the client's requirements.
- To provide in depth analysis of the financial position of potential / existing clients.
- Risk control related to business such as: operational risk, marketing risk and credit risk, with the cooperation of department members and related department of the Bank.
- Have skills to manage credit risk and avoid bad debts.
- Understand strategies and skills to attract clients - honest and diligent.
- Good communication skills and computer literacy.
- Assess credit application information and compose credit application report and annual reviews according to policies and guidelines.
- Prepare and submit weekly, monthly and quarterly business and administration reports.
- Establish and evaluate corporate banking related performance for all branches and department.
- Manage CBD loan documentations and familiar with systems enquiry.
- Complete other tasks assigned by the management.
- Over 1 year full time work experience in corporate banking business.
- A bachelor's or master's degree in finance, business or other related major, MBA or CFA preferred.
- Equivalent exposure to various facets of practical credit granting in a banking environment as well as internal training & disciplines from one of the large Commercial Banks.
- Good communication, researching skills and highly motivated.
- Analyzing and assessing audited financial statements together with business acumen skills.
- Proficient computer literacy skills & Good administrative skills.
- Fluency in English both written and verbal is essential, Chinese preferred.
- Hard working, and have a strong sense of responsibilities.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Experience in analyzing and evaluating financial statements. Complete understanding of Balance sheet structures and Accounting principles and policies.
- Knowledge of the legal steps to be taken to recover bad debts. General knowledge of the legal aspects of finance and legal risks.
- General knowledge and understanding of collateral security documentation, the completion thereof and legal aspects when having to realize security.
- Ability to perform tasks in an accurate, efficient and timely manner.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to handle complexity.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
Bank of China (Canada) is an equal opportunity employer and it is the bank's policy to recruit and select applicants for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications with emphasis on selecting the best qualified person for the position. We welcome applications from all interested parties. Please understand that only qualified applicants will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- corporate banking: 1 year (Required)